Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #1

Replacing Thetford Aurora toilet any suggestions

Plan on replacing my Aurora toilet with a newer model. Have already replaced the seal once and it started leaking again about 4 months later.
I'm looking at the Aria Classic, but it's expensive. So I'm trying to get feedback on Classic and some of the lower priced models and how well the perform.
We are full timers so, I'm trying to get the best toilet for the bucks. I prefer china bowl over plastic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here are some Thetford toilets from PPL & prices.
Here are Sealand toilets same PPL.
All my coach's have had the porcelain Sealands they have been trouble free and easy to change out or repair.
When I say that the toilets never needed a repair it was a soil pipe connected to floor flange that dropped out of flange into black tank, it was never glued into flange.
They are easy to keep clean and come with different size bowls and always have had a good seal to keep the water in bowl.
Your foam seal has to lay flat over flange and raised base placed flat over the seal, the Sealand base detaches from bowl so its easy to place base support on seal.
If user is heavy set there is a 4 bolt base with adapter for a more solid support.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #3

2nd the Sealand toilet. Slightly increased price equals cheaper in the long run and much easier to keep looking like new
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #4

Thanks guys. Do you know if the Sealand toilets fit on the Thetford flanges? Thanks Again for the input.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The flanges I have seen have different slots to line up with the holes in toilet base as they would in your home.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Replacing Thetford Toilet

We need to replace or repair our Thetford Aurora toilet. We called Thetford and discovered they no longer make them. Did you replace yours with the Sealand? How did it work out?
Margie is offline   Reply With Quote