Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Residential refrigerator organization ideas

Looking for tips on how to keep stuff from floating all around in a big residential refer. Right now I am planning on using non skid shelve liner as a start, but I am sure that others have a better idea.

My prior motorhome had a large dometic and it had shelves that had flip up brackets to keep stuff in place.

Now the new whirlpool has so much room I can fill it or leave it with a few items but the problem of keeping it in place will be the same.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #2

Stuff it full of whiskey and beer and steak and lobster and crab legs and caviar and then there is no room for movement! By the way I love my Norcold in so many ways. I love the way my iPad capitalizes the N in Norcold all by itself. Norcold must be hot stuff, no pun intended.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don you have a 2013 coach does your Norcold have a recall devise attached to the cooling coils in back?
Just wondering what you have, I love my Norcold also has worked great for ten years it just that the cooling unit will need to be changed to a Amish in near future to have a piece of mind.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #4

I push larger items to back of shelf and use a spring-type curtain rod from side-to-side to keep things from sliding around. Smaller items on shelves are put into a rectangular Tupperware container without lid, then same type curtain rod secures it in place. I can still reach items if needed while traveling, and once we arrive, the curtain rods don't take up very much space.
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";1523247]Don you have a 2013 coach does your Norcold have a recall devise attached to the cooling coils in back?
Just wondering what you have, I love my Norcold also has worked great for ten years it just that the cooling unit will need to be changed to [URL="http://rvcoolingunit.com/Default.aspx
a Amish[/URL] in near future to have a piece of mind.
My Norcold is model # N811RT. I can't see any recall devises at all on the cooling coils. I even went out and got a flashlight and really looked everything over. This is in a 2013 Newmar and I looked inside and out for a date of mfg but could not find anything other then some codes on the inside data stickers. I have checked the recall list on the Norcold web site and it is not listed. In my last RV, 94 Jayco fiver I had a Norcold just about the same size as this one, maybe just a tad smaller, and I never did anything but defrost it in the 14 years we had it. Sold it to a cousin and think he finally had to replace it with a new Norcold as it finally quit on them. The Norcold we have now has not been off since we bought it last August and everything looks great back there. No signs of excessive heat or anything. Looks brand new. And on the inside of the box it says PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danandcarol View Post
I push larger items to back of shelf and use a spring-type curtain rod from side-to-side to keep things from sliding around. Smaller items on shelves are put into a rectangular Tupperware container without lid, then same type curtain rod secures it in place. I can still reach items if needed while traveling, and once we arrive, the curtain rods don't take up very much space.
X2!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #7

We have an 08 Monaco that came with a huge Amana fridge. Had some mickey mouse plexi shelf guards. I threw them out and we use the spring loaded rods that are sold @ CW. You need nothing in the interior of the fridge to keep things from moving. But I do like the idea of stuffing steaks and beer into the fridge!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
My Norcold is model # N811RT. I can't see any recall devises at all on the cooling coils.
That's because your 8 cu ft. Norcold 2 door fridge is NOT part of the Norcold 12 cu ft. four door model 12XX recall. It's not even part of the smaller Norcold fridge recalls.

Norcold Recall

Chances are you won't have any problems but it's still a RV fridge with combustible gas.

Enough said.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
KSCRUDE I think you have seen this thread but others may not have because they never look at STICKIES at the top of forums.
What it will say for the smaller new Norcolds they have changed the gas solenoids and install a HARDWARE monitor devise in the heat pipe area.
The hardware takes care of the recall but not the fires possible if your cooling coil ruptures.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote