Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2019, 07:48 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rookie Mistake

Hello fellow Rv'ers…. excited to be a member in your community. My first post and it's about a problem.
As we were closing up Rv in preparation to leave, (Fleetwood Expedition, 08) we missed an important step, raise the jacks. Never heard anything as we pulled away, we guess that there is a safety built in and jacks raised. Problem is once we arrived home, none of the 3 slides work, and the jacks no longer work. We assume we tripped something, now to narrow it down and where to start?

Thanks for your help,
bepsi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2019, 07:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bepsi57 View Post
Hello fellow Rv'ers…. excited to be a member in your community. My first post and it's about a problem.
As we were closing up Rv in preparation to leave, (Fleetwood Expedition, 08) we missed an important step, raise the jacks. Never heard anything as we pulled away, we guess that there is a safety built in and jacks raised. Problem is once we arrived home, none of the 3 slides work, and the jacks no longer work. We assume we tripped something, now to narrow it down and where to start?

Thanks for your help,
Check to see if those HWH(?) jacks are spring loaded/tilt to the side if you drive off with them down. If yes, simply pull them back into position and retry to retract them.

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. We all do. Good luck.
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My guess would be to turn of the battery disconnects and if that doesn’t reset things start looking for fuse locations.
All the best and things will turn out.

Welcome to IRV.

Terry & Pat
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

We have air leveling only so can't help with that problem. Hope it turns out to be something simple!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
Dom

Are they electric or hydraulic? Is you touch pad beeping and flashing when you try?
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rookie Mistake

Thanks all for the quick replies, I did fail to mention several details. Jacks are Power Gear. As of now, nothing works, the jack system panel does nothing, slides do nothing. Have yet to attempt a fix, wanted to get hubby some info before starting on it.
Also, the rig was level and brakes on when we attempted to use slides and set jacks again..
Old 09-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First find the fuses. Pull them and test them, don't just look at them. Call the support at Lippert (power gear) and ask them if they will tell you how to reset. This is an electric or electronic problem first off since nothing works. See if you can get the troubleshooting guide (if you don't have it already) I think support has it online. It will tell you haw to check for 12v in several places to see if you have current.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #8

I guess you learned the importance of never leaving without doing a final walk around the rv. One I recently heard which I thought was good was, "the rv has six sides, be sure to check them all. " Hope you get your problems sorted out. Most newer rvs will retract the jacks if you try to put it in gear. Im not sure how that would blow a fuse, but anything is possible.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rookie Mistake

Problem with our "rookie" mistake is we aren't rookies, lol, just missed a step, a big one. We have a routine we are good with but just not this time, ugh.
We have attempted the aux battery reset, nothing happens. Reset all the electric breakers on back panel in closet.
Next is … to be determined..
Old 09-09-2019, 03:02 AM   #10
RV LIFE Support Team

Checklist, checklist, checklist!!!!!!!

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Please keep us posted when you find out what it is. I have dragged jacks in the past in spite of many years of camping. I also have Power Gear jacks and it might help to know in case I do it.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Contacted Fleewood CS today and they sent diagrams of the Battery Control Center, and where to reset them as that controls the slides, and diagram of where to reset the jacks. As soon as hubs gets home tonight we will cross our fingers and try that. Will let everyone know, thanks for the support
Old 09-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are in Waco, there's some guys out on Tinsley Road that I have used for years that are good if you need it.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rookie Mistake

So, the RV is fixed! After speaking with Fleetwood and them sending wiring diagrams (ughh), we tried what they suggested and others on this post had to, but having the diagram we thought, no problem, we got this. Hubs worked on checking all fuses again and resetting breakers they suggested in the BCC box. Still no luck.
Fortunately our local RV repairman was kind enough to get us in Tuesday and it was fixed Wednesday.
The issue was not breakers in BCC, but inside the coach, behind the console, which we had check but missed the burnt out fuse, which actually was the culprit that also made the dash a/c not work. Even though Fleetwood said that issue was a secondary issue and should have nothing to do with slides and jacks.
So a shout out to Bellringers RV repair in Waco. He did tell us that the factory diagrams often don't match the actual wiring when coach was built, as factory would add mores wires etc. during production.
.59 cent fuse, 300.00 bill, lesson learned.
Thanks for all the suggestions and support. I love irv.2!

Jim and Betsi
Waco, Texas