Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #1

RV Custom Products F73-1020 GAS

It seems that the solenoid that ties my two battery banks together is bad. I put a volt meter on the two actuating wires and I am getting 12 volts there but the battery banks are not tying together. The sticker on the solenoid says Master Electronic Control Model# NI-4412. I can't find any info on the solenoid googling that model number. Does anybody know if that solenoid is a common one that I can buy at an auto parts store? I will try calling RV Custom Products and/or Master Electronic Control but I thought maybe somebody here might know.

Also has anybody ever replaced this solenoid? It is sandwiched between the two buss bars of the two battery banks and it looks like I am basically going to have to gut this whole box to replace it. Looks like a PITA.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You may be able to find a replacement solenoid at a local auto parts store but you are correct in the fact you will have to pull the guts of the battery control center out to replace it.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #3

I just talked to RV Custom Products and they would only give me a Fleetwood part# 570643. I was hoping someone could tell me it is from a 95 Ford F-150 or something so I could just go pick one up from Autozone.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
As long as the coil voltage is rated for 12vdc, the contact points are rated for high amperage for starting engine and the solenoid size will not interfere with surrounding components and wiring, a replacement can be used since this is a momentarily used solenoid; otherwise you would need a constant duty rated solenoid.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #5

Actually it stays closed whenever the engine is running or the converter is running to charge both banks after the first bank reaches a certain voltage. Since it is sandwiched between the two buss bars it has to be the exact same width. If a parts store would let me dig through all their solenoids I could probably find one.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Hey,
Take it off, go to Auto Zone with the one you took off, let them know you have an F-53 and they will match it up if they have one or if not they will tell you that also..or they may suggest as to where you can purchase it. That is what we do when we need something for the MH or the F-250 pickup..
Good luck
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #7

I think this box is added after the fact by Fleetwood but I guess it is worth a shot.