Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #1

Samsung Microwave Recall?

Does anyone know anything about a past Samsung microwave recall? Our camper is a 2001 model and last year, the microwave started turning on all by itself! Online, I found there was a recall, but I can't seem to find the page I found last year. Even with the recall, I'm not sure they'll go back to a 2001, but it's worth a shot
Camping in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Check out this link... the recall was just recently expanded...

news SAMSUNG
HR-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
BTW... if you go to NHTSA you can see the full text of the recall and get all the model numbers... the initial recall covered those manufactured in 2000 - 2003.

Also note, if you have one of the Samsung defects, they are dangerous and need to be unplugged so be sure to check it out.

Good luck!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I swear I thought that recall expansion said 2014 (not 2004)... gotta get my eyes checked. Sorry! Man do I feel stupid now.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #5

Yeah, I turned off the breaker once it started happening.

I was up at the camper last night, but forgot to get the model number :( Oh well, gives me a reason to go back up there tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-TX View Post
Also note, if you have one of the Samsung defects, they are dangerous and need to be unplugged so be sure to check it out.

Good luck!
Camping in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You are right the recall was started in 2004 but is still active. Here is the link that I used news SAMSUNG
My unit started to act up August 2014 and I contacted Samsung and found that they would repair it but could not find anyone to work on it. I finally got a check to replace it Today. You will have to work with the people at Samsung but in the end it is a "SAFETY ISSUE" Identified by NHTSA and they will repair or replace it. Again it took me a month and many hours on the telephone, some follow-up, and review of their process but they did give me compensation enough to replace the unit. Here is the NHTSA Number and another link:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...4.cfm#16765184
tpmcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
I'm new to your forum, but am in the middle of this samsung microwave recall. My microwave is model MR7493G. The problem is the touchpad (part # DR34-00059L). An internal problem may cause the microwave to turn on unattended. Samsung assigned my repair to a local shop only to find that the part is no longer stocked or available.
I was then offered $250 from samsung to purchase a replacement unit.
Samsung customer service 800-932-3837. Good luck and happy travels.
Harv01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv01 View Post
I'm new to your forum, but am in the middle of this samsung microwave recall. My microwave is model MR7493G. The problem is the touchpad (part # DR34-00059L). An internal problem may cause the microwave to turn on unattended. Samsung assigned my repair to a local shop only to find that the part is no longer stocked or available.
I was then offered $250 from samsung to purchase a replacement unit.
Samsung customer service 800-932-3837. Good luck and happy travels.
Yes in Aug. of 2014 mine started to have the same failure and the outcome was close to yours. The one thing that happened different than your was that 2 weeks after the $250 had been agreed to they called me up and told me that they had determined that the amount should have been $200. Since I had been dealing with them for some time I decided that the lower price was better than the debating I had had from them.
I have had several Samsung items and will no longer buy from them since this seems to be the normal follow-up of their customer service system. I also had a 2008 51" LCD TV that the power supply failed on with a known Cap. issue and after sometime of debating their CS decided to fix it myself. It cost $10 and 2 hours of my time to replace the cap., the hardest part was getting the TV off the wall and removing the power supply. What is so sad is the amount of people that seem to have these problems with them. It just happens that the Microwave was what came in my MH.
Good luck
tpmcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall