Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2019, 05:53 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Sanicon Turbo 600S Hose Blowout

I installed a Sanicon Turbo 600S about 3 weeks ago, wow, the performance is great as it has quite a rate of discharge. I bought an extra 1.5" Sanicon hose to extend the length so I could reach the back of the coach where many sewer pipes are located in campgrounds.

Yesterday I was dumping and had connected a 45' length of 3/4" hose to the end fitting on a slightly downhill slope when both Sanicon hoses started to bulge and one blew out the side. Before it blew out I checked the flow from the garden hose which seemed to be a normal rate and there were no kinks or restrictions. Fortunately it was grey water! I have two macerating Techma toilets so everything from the black tank is double macerated.

Has anyone else had the hose blowout on the Sanicon 1.5" hose?

Thetford customer service was very accommodating and warrantied both hoses which I should receive in a few days.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #2

We have a Newmar 18 London Aire with a Sanicon 700 series. We have added a 100 ft. 3/4 hose to our hose to discharge over 25 times with no problem. We did add a sleeve over the hose to protect the hose. We have been very pleased with Sanicon system the last year and half.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
We have a Newmar 18 London Aire with a Sanicon 700 series. We have added a 100 ft. 3/4 hose to our hose to discharge over 25 times with no problem. We did add a sleeve over the hose to protect the hose. We have been very pleased with Sanicon system the last year and half.
The sleeve is a good idea for abrasion. In this case I think it would have masked the problem. I'm wondering if they got a batch of bad hose.

Fortunately I have some 3" sewer hose to use while waiting for the replacement hose.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:11 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I blew another hose, 3 out of 4 now. These had no chaffing or wear but the macerator must create more pressure than the hose is capable of. It is happening when using the reducer to a hose.

Fun times when the black tank is being dumped
Old 05-24-2020, 12:57 PM   #5

That would be a mess if it burst while emptying the black tank. I don’t understand the reasoning for the manufacturer to create the reduction at the discharge to a garden hose fitting. Mine has the same thing. The volume coming out of mine isn’t that great and to be honest very slow, much slower than a standard dump hose. I will say that the
1-1/2” flex hose seems to expand a lot when the pump is running. The first time I used mine I had immediate concern thinking this could really be a mess if the hose would burst. I have read that you can connect to a standard garden hose to dump your tanks but haven’t tried it yet. After reading this I may not. Is it possible that adding the second extension hose may be the culprit.

I guess you haven’t had issues with the hose failure when not connected to the garden hose?
I’m curious what you find causing hoses to burst. Please post your findings.
Piros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
I blew another hose, 3 out of 4 now. These had no chaffing or wear but the macerator must create more pressure than the hose is capable of. It is happening when using the reducer to a hose.

Fun times when the black tank is being dumped
It sounds like there's too much pressure on the "flexible" portion of the hose when you add the "non-flexible" and smaller diameter hose to the end of a long run. I will use two section of flexible hose with no restriction at the end. However, if I need a longer run, I use a 3/4" garden type hose for the entire length.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #7
4x4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piros1 View Post
That would be a mess if it burst while emptying the black tank. I don’t understand the reasoning for the manufacturer to create the reduction at the discharge to a garden hose fitting. Mine has the same thing. The volume coming out of mine isn’t that great and to be honest very slow, much slower than a standard dump hose. I will say that the
1-1/2” flex hose seems to expand a lot when the pump is running. The first time I used mine I had immediate concern thinking this could really be a mess if the hose would burst. I have read that you can connect to a standard garden hose to dump your tanks but haven’t tried it yet. After reading this I may not. Is it possible that adding the second extension hose may be the culprit.

I guess you haven’t had issues with the hose failure when not connected to the garden hose?
I’m curious what you find causing hoses to burst. Please post your findings.
Just making sure you know that the end ¾ hose fitting part removes so when you plug in the end to a dump you get the full 1½ flow out of the hose. I find the flow very quick, so quick in fact that the inside of the tank must be getting a whirlpool effect as I get air bubbles mixing in with the liquid at the end of the dump.
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:59 PM   #8

I will check and see if my hose end will separate. I tried to separate the reducing cap from the handle and it would not unscrew. Now that I know it is supposed to separate I will give it a shot.

I do have a question, will your your gray tank gravity drain out the macerator hose or does it have to have the pump on. I ask because mine will not drain without the pump on.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piros1 View Post
I will check and see if my hose end will separate. I tried to separate the reducing cap from the handle and it would not unscrew. Now that I know it is supposed to separate I will give it a shot.

I do have a question, will your your gray tank gravity drain out the macerator hose or does it have to have the pump on. I ask because mine will not drain without the pump on.
Yes, I drain the grey tank without turning the pump on sometimes. Here is a photo of the reducer removed.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:40 PM   #10

Thank you for the photo, I will look at mine when I get it back home this weekend to see if it is like yours. Hopefully it does the same thing. I tried to use it as a gravity drain for my gray tank but it did not seem to be flowing out so I connected my standard dump hose for this purpose. I guess mine may have some issues as does a lot of the coach does when I purchased it. I got snookered a bit with some hidden issues. I trusted an RV dealer!

Tags
turbo