Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #1

Sealand Toilet problem

I was in the process of replacing the ball seal on my RV toilet and I inadvertantly opened the spring cartridge. I'm in quite a dilemma here. I can't reassemble it. has anybody done this to themselves and how did you remedy it. Help!!!
slimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
A model number would help but here is a link to get you started. Also, you can call dometic and get some assistance. http://www2.dometic.com/47d833aa-c98...5103e357.fodoc
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #3

I just replaced spring cartridge on a Sealand. It's a plastic assembly with the spring encased inside - there's no way to open it

The cartridge just slides through the foot level and into the lower base assembly. The water valve then attaches to the outside of the cartridge and the 2 screws hold everything in place. You have to fiddle a bit with the placement of the spring cartridge so it aligns properly in the lower base assembly. Here's a schematic.

Traveler Toilet Parts - 510+, 2010 Traveler parts - Environmental Marine Services, Inc.
Ret Syntst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses folks.... I've finally realized that the only solution is to replace the spring cartridge. I've ordered a new and should have it tomorrow. What a frustrating situation. I'll let you know how I make out.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #5

Received my replacement spring cartridge this morning. Was an easy install. Good as new in a short period of time. My toilet was a Sealand model 910 and the replacement spring cartridge was model no. 385236096. Thanks for the assistance.....

Tags
seal, toilet