Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #1

Slideout motor gear box repair

I have a friend who has a 2005 alfaseeya. The slide motor for the bedroom stopped working. We took it apart and found a broken shaft on one of the gears. This caused the gears to bind and the clutch kicked in and slipped.
we have tried to find a place to purchase the gears. The motor and clutch are fine.Just need to replace the one small gear and it would be like new Was wondering if the shaft could be welded to the gear? has anyone else dealt with this? Seems a shame to have to purchase a new one for $300.00 when a $20 part would fix it.
Thanks for any help or ideas
Busyguy
busyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:21 AM   #2

Have you seen any kind of brand name on the gear box.
Lippert, Power Gear, Klauber all make gear reduction boxes, for RV slide drives , and may supply replacement, parts.
If you can't find a name , maybe post some pictures and someone can identify it for you.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:52 AM   #3

I had a gear break on a power gear slide out gearcase. Power gear would not supply just the gear. I checked at a local machine shop and they wanted way too much to make a replacement gear. I finally found a RV place that had dozens of gearcases and the guy let me forage thru the pile till I found what I needed.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try Motion Industries, if there is a store near you. Take the part in and if it's available they can find it. Need any gears, pulleys, bearings or the like these are the guys
Old 05-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #5

Thanks guys for all the info so far. Will try motion industries this morning. There is a shop near here.
There is no information on the gear box. Just the info on the motor. Going to call Von Weise and see if they can help.
Do any of you think the shaft could be welded or brazed to the gear?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #6

slide out repair

Well we have been having bad luck in trying to find a gear for the rear slide motor. Was thinking someone on here might have an old motor that the gearbox was still good. Doesn't matter if the motor is bad. Just need to take the gear box apart and take a gear out of it.
The motor is a Von Weise, Model #VO5726AP88. Would be glad to pay shipping and a reasonable price for it.
Please send me a private message and I will get back to you.
Thanks
Busyguy
Old 05-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #7

slide out motor repair

Thought I would give an update on the repair. Went to the Motion Industries store this morning. They said they could order the shaft for the gear. Shaft was $2.00. Minimum order made it $40.00. They suggested a machine shop and So I took it there. Precision Machine, Here in Abilene,Tx.
Owner took one look and said pick it up in an hour. New shaft and all is well. Total cost $10.00.
Put the motor back in and slide works like a charm. Saved about $250. That will buy a lot of Diesel or Beer.
Thanks for all the replies
Busyguy
Old 05-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Cool. Thanks for updating us.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #9

powergear is crazy!!!!

if you have a bad gear... They want to sell you a whole new motor and gearbox. The price for ours is well over the $650.00 mark. No reason to fix a motor that's not broke. I am having a new gear cut and will fix it our self. Save a few $400 dollars. Lol. to bad a company would do biz like that. Like a trans guy selling you a whole new engine to fix trans. Rip off scam!!
KTKT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:59 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Slide gears

try RBW or Al Ko go on line they have parts
Don

Tags
slideout, repair, slide