Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Splendide 2000 does not finish the cycle

first time using our washer/dryer combo after winterizing this year. try cycle it once to get the antifreeze out the system, went through a what looks like a wash cycle but never finished the cycle. washer is full of pink water, door locked, I let is sit for couple hours, finally I shut it off.
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2016, 08:35 AM   #2

Call Splendide customer support. They are very helpful.

http://www.splendide.com/support.htm
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a similar issue - except it stopped just before the spin cycle. I downloaded the repairman's guide and followed the recommended troubleshooting. It came down to either the timer or the control board. The timer contacts were hard to access, but it appeared that the correct "electrical path" was "made up" at the point in the timer cycle it was supposed to be - so I proceeded to order a new control board. When the board arrived I stuck it in and put it through a test run. It stopped at the same point...
I got a can of contact cleaner and sprayed the heck out of the timer while furiously turning the knob back and forth. It's been working ever since. Guess the moral of the story is ALWAYS look for the simple stuff first and since you were just coming out of storage - I'd try cleaning the timer contacts (if equipped with mechanical timer of course!).
BTW - depending on age of the unit - you can't get "new" repair parts. I found a NOS control board on ebay and it's still in the box - so let me know if you need one!
Stajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Download the trouble shooting guide and try to work through the problem. When you call their tech support you are told to call the nearest repair center.

You can Google your specific problem and often find a solution.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
Call Splendide customer support. They are very helpful.

Splendide Laundry Centers Customer Support Center
Actually it is Westland sales in Milwaukie,OR.
800-356-0766
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks everyone for you input. Problem Solved! The problem was simple, Too Much water in the washer for pump to drain out.
Called westland technical support, per their recommendation drained out the unit from pump cleaning out access using a shop vac, tested it using a one gal of water to make sure drains out, ran it thru a full cycle, completed the cycle with problems
Old 01-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excursion04 View Post
Thanks everyone for you input. Problem Solved! The problem was simple, Too Much water in the washer for pump to drain out.
Called westland technical support, per their recommendation drained out the unit from pump cleaning out access using a shop vac, tested it using a one gal of water to make sure drains out, ran it thru a full cycle, completed the cycle with problems
Glad to hear you got your problem solved. I am curious though, How did it get over full in the first place?
Old 01-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Glad to hear you got your problem solved. I am curious though, How did it get over full in the first place?
As I mentioned earlier, this was the first time after winterizing the unit. Apparently there was already some water (pink antifreeze) inside, so running it thru wash cycle added more water on top of what was in it already which was too much for the pump to handle.
Lesson learned, next time after winterizing run it thru a drain only cycle to empty out the unit before running it thru a wash cycle.