Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Splendide 2000 won't hold water

Our Splendide 2000 is acting up. When we start a wash cycle, it starts filling the tub and water runs and runs but the tub never fills and the control never moves. It has done this a time or two over the years and if I manually advanced the control know a click or two, it would then function as normal. Now, no matter what I do, the incoming water does not stay in the tub. I always figured the pump had to run to drain the water, but apparently not!!! …the water is going out the drain even when the pump is not running.

One thing that could have something to do with it … a cell phone was seen going round and round with the last load of clothes that was successfully started (don’t ask!). I had to manipulate the control knob to get the washer to open the door and let the cell phone out. After four days in a bag of dry rice, the cell phone is working againg. But since then I cannot get the washer working right …and I don’t have a large enough bag of dry rice to try what worked on the cell phone…
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:29 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's such an odd story, I thought you were joking. Anyways, if you don't have the repair manual for your model, download it from here:

Splendide Combo Washer Dryer Technical Education Site

I've had great luck calling Westland Sales at 1-800-356-0766. They'll probably be able to resolve your problem over the phone. When ours stopped working last year, they were surprisingly helpful. Some folks turn the knob to "reset" and wait a few hours. They then start a small load from scratch and it seems to work. However, your situation may be different. Best of luck.

Jack
Old 01-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Check to be sure the drain hose from the washer is not too far down in the stand pipe. If it is you create a siphon effect and get the results you are seeing.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Some good suggestions on another forum apparently led me in the right direction. I did eventually realize that the load of clothes in the washer was NOT the load that was in it when I interupted the wash cycle ...it was the next load. But I unplugged the machine for several hours, then started it at the apx point it was at when I so rudely interupted it's work. It is now working.

The link above allowed me to download several documents I did not have.

In the process, I learned:
- Splendide machines do not like having their cycles interuppted!!
- My Splendide 2000 (mfg 2/20/02) is unlike any I could find in the manual ... the front panel & controls are different. There is no "reset" position on the control knob, and there is no LED to tell me the door is locked/unlocked.
- Unplugging the electric cord for an extended period apparently causes a reset
- Next time (if there is one) I need to get the door opened NOW, I will unplug the machine ...that should release the lock.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Or, get a bigger bag of dry rice!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Sorry, Paul; I did not know you had interrupted the load & did not know how to cancel a cycle.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #7

Jackm, Thanks for the link. I have been to thier site before but must have missed that link. Our WD2100XC has been flashing a fault 013 for some time. Now I know what to check.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote