Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Splendide 2100XC lights flashing

We just bought a used 2100XC. The seller had the washer connected, and we were able to watch it successfully run and then cancel and spin/drain the test clothes we brought along.

We installed it in our coach tonight, but when we plug it in all of the top lights immediately flash as well as the Dry status light. The manual says the door lock plus any other light means a fault code. We unplugged for 40 seconds and got the same thing. After several attempts, we plugged it in and no lights flashed. Then we pressed the On button, and all lights flashed (including the Wash/Rinse/Spin lights that hadn't flashed before.)

In summary, with lots of unplugging and waiting, we either get all the top lights plus the Dry status immediately, or we get all lights flashing after pressing on. We just saw the thing work yesterday and are hopeful there's something obvious we're missing.

We have the Splendide service number, but they just closed and we can't call again until Monday. I'd like to do some laundry this weekend if possible. Any ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #2

Any idea of the production date of the unit?

I'll dig mine out and see if your problem is covered , it's 5 years old , so instructions could be different.
BRB

EDIT: got back in time to edit. Not much on the lights in the manual ; like you said .
I'd check that the washer wall outlet is grounded , and that the taps are on and there is no air in the supply hoses.
I'll assume you tried pressing and holding the start button to clear and reset the controls.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #3

Just added time to the dry cycle , all the option button leds flashed once , hadn't paid much attention before dry led flashed then stayed on and machine started.
Something to try, machine disconnected from power , set cycle selector to 5 ( dry) , dry time selector to 20, close door , make sure dispenser drawer is closed too. Plug in then press on , then start.
The cancel and spin drain that you used; when demoing;, may not have finished and maybe if the machine will run a short dry cycle that could reset everything.
We'll be doing more laundry in the morning , I'll pay more attention to the leds during start up to see if I can add anything else.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedandElle View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.
No dice.

I was hoping to get the washer working today, but it didn't happen. Maybe the technicians will have some ideas Monday.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
After multiple plugging and unplugging, it finally started working! Then we found out the pre-installed drain is too high for the washer to work properly. I'm trying to figure out the weight limit of the original shelf to see if we can raise the washer up easily.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #7

Back pressure in the drain hose .
Well now we know.

Can you shorten the drain stack ? If you raise the unit ; will the vent hose, line up to the existing place in the wall?
Or did you buy a non vented unit?
Old 10-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Well that's not what was causing the lights, because we moved the drain around during the troubleshooting. Honestly we don't know exactly what caused the lights to stop flashing. The drain is a new problem. It has to be 25-34" above the bottom, and Thor's pre-installed drain is 41" above the bottom of the washer. We're looking at raising the washer up a few inches or cutting into the wall to lower the drain. The unit is vented, but we haven't cut the vent hole yet. We wanted to run a wash-only cycle first before cutting the vent. Thanks for the troubleshooting help.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #9

Well here's what I had to do.
The factory , pre-cut in the wall was 4" high for the vent , 2X4 frame and 1/2 plywood to raise the floor level and vent was straight out ,
Drain pipe wasn't recessed into the wall and with raising the washer up ,met requirements for drain height.
That was the easy part , with the washer and myself in the bathroom , there was no room for any helpers, and between the floor work , the vent hole in the wall and other adjustments to fitting the unit into the closet , I had to lift it in/out 4 times.
From the time the washer came in through the escape window , onto the bed , I was on my own.
Unit was too big to go through the bathroom door from the kitchen.
Good thing I was 5 years younger then, my back wouldn't take it now.
Hope your electronic problems are over , good luck with the rest of the install.

Tags
light, lights