Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #1

Splendide WD802M cold water valve

I have a Splendide 2007 WD802M washer/dryer and the cold water valve is stuck open. Splendide tech support tells me the valve is no longer available. Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement?
Fox Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #2

Here's a thought based on a personal experience. I had a splendide WD combo in my previous coach and thought that the cold fill valve was stuck. It turned out that the metal shield on the top had become detached and shorted out the ground wire to the cold valve.

Good luck.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #3

I,to have a wd802m in my 2000 bounder and the original owner did not run antifreeze through it and valves froze open. sears parts direct shows them for about $180.00 each,what a rip!!! I went to amazon and looked up washer valves and came up with bosch valves. cold water dual inlet vlv #422244 for $16.65. hot water vlv bosch # 422245 for $16.99 . connections for wires are not the same.On the new cold water vlv you can pry off the plastic cap to reveal the spade push on connectors. on the hot water vlv I pryed off the coil on the old vlv and used on new vlv. also had to cut some of the plastic flange off to use the old metal mounting plates. sure beats $180.00 each.BTW replace both vlvs they are prone to failure.it's more work to get washer out than it is to fix . Be sure to mark wires & take pic so you know where they go back on which coil.
bounder2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder2000 View Post
I,to have a wd802m in my 2000 bounder and the original owner did not run antifreeze through it and valves froze open. sears parts direct shows them for about $180.00 each,what a rip!!! I went to amazon and looked up washer valves and came up with bosch valves. cold water dual inlet vlv #422244 for $16.65. hot water vlv bosch # 422245 for $16.99 . connections for wires are not the same.On the new cold water vlv you can pry off the plastic cap to reveal the spade push on connectors. on the hot water vlv I pryed off the coil on the old vlv and used on new vlv. also had to cut some of the plastic flange off to use the old metal mounting plates. sure beats $180.00 each.BTW replace both vlvs they are prone to failure.it's more work to get washer out than it is to fix . Be sure to mark wires & take pic so you know where they go back on which coil.
Thanks for your help. I'll try this.
Fox Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #5

I'm not sure about your washer, but on mine, the hoses had metric connections on the washer end.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #6

the bosch valves may be metric also because the hoses fit and tightened up with no problem. even if you have to replace the hoses or just the hose ends, your way ahead as far as cost. BTW the hoses are are like regular washer hoses with double female screw on connections. the hoses screw onto plastic hose bib shut offs behind the washer. like I said before, you have to do a little modification to make them work,but it's better than $180.00 per valve!!
bounder2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
This solution worked for me on the hot water valve. I did not have to swap the coil from the old valve. A much simpler solution is to pry off the plastic cap on the connecter. This exposes two small pins. You can then just slide the spade terminals onto the pins. One of the terminals I had to crimp a little with some pliers to get a snug fit. Worked great. It's really the only choice now, since no source stocks a new one of the original 116102549 part at any price. Spendide had no suggestions on any source for the part.
NINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
ordered DC62-30314K and DC62-30312J to replace for my splendide 2000 in my 1996 Monaco Windsor. has spade connections... like the original configuration. should work flawlessly. will report back. should be here in a few days.
MonacoWind96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:17 AM   #9

Hey there Monaco. Where did you order the valves from? Upon winterizing my 802d also has one valve now stuck open and I should replace both. Also, how did you access the valve? How did you take the machine apart? Mine is in a tight closet and it looks quite difficult to get it open. Thanks.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:00 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Amazon :-)
MonacoWind96 is offline   Reply With Quote