Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #1

Still No Power 02 Country Star

I got my new transfer switch put on this eve. and I have power going in and going out on my load line but still no power on the 110. Do start on my breakers now ? There was nothing wrong with it and we unplugged it and pulled up about 25 feet and when we moved it back no 110. Checked transfer switch and there power to it but none coming out of it on the 110 so that is the reason I put a new one on it. Starts on the generater and works just fine. It's gone all mixed up. Any ideals ? Thanks
okie mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I had an issue last winter, I checked all the breakers twice. A neighbor came over to help, and I learned that there is a hard to see pop out breaker on the side of the inverter
Old 11-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Keeping with the breaker theme, I discovered that the AC breakers in mine do not necessarily look like they need to be reset after exceeding their load. In other words, they appear to be perfectly fine. Try flipping each one and see if that helps. Mine are on a panel in the bathroom.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #4

Breakers

I'm going to take a meter and check all the breakers in the morning. And on the inverter would the lite on it still be blinking and making 12 volt power if it had a breaker throwed on it ? I just got to get it to working, gotta use it soon. Thanks Again for the help.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:34 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
So you have power coming in thru shore cord on both legs?
Old 11-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #6

Power

120 coming in on both legs of the shore power. 120 going out on both legs on the load power. I'm not an electrician and I really don't undstand all this. There is a blinking green lite on the enverter. I think I'm down to the breaker box I think. Any more ideals ?
Old 11-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #7

you say generator starts and all works. so 120 vac power is flowing from the generator, through the transfer switch, to the distribution panel, and through the various breakers. no need to check breakers, they work.

use you meter to check if you have 120 vac power at the shore power inputs to the transfer switch. you already know everything out of the transfer switch works. if you have 120 vac power at the shore power input side the problem is within the transfer switch.

if no 120 vac at shore power input to transfer switch trace back to the shore power input cable receptacle, the shore power cord, and the pedestal. there has to be a problem along this path. i would look real hard at the cable between the transfer switch and the receptacle where you plug the shore power cord into. many people have reported problems with this receptacle and its connections.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:59 AM   #8

This ain't rocket science. If everything is working on the generator wouldn't you assume that the problem is with the shore power side of things?

Start at the pedestal. Check voltage between ALL 4 prongs. 120 to n, 120 to n, 240 L1 to L2. Plug in the cord. Go to the nearest exposed point and check ALL points for voltage. Work your way back to the transfer switch. Check voltage going in and voltage going out.

That's the proper way to do it. Me, as an electrician, would start at the transfer switch and see if I had correct power there. If not I would follow the above steps.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #9

[QUOTE=okie mopar;4502717]I got my new transfer switch put on this eve. and I have power going in and going out on my load line but still no power on the 110. Do start on my breakers now ? There was nothing wrong with it and we unplugged it and pulled up about 25 feet and when we moved it back no 110. Checked transfer switch and there power to it but none coming out of it on the 110 so that is the reason I put a new one on it. Starts on the generater and works just fine. It's gone all mixed up. Any ideals ? Thanks[/QUOTE

Why would you put a new one on it? a simple relay is all that causes the contacts to transfer unless it is totally burned up. Contact points are replaceable.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:46 PM   #10

Power is back !

So went today and started at the power pole and started going down the cord and check every connection all the way to the Power Transfer Box. I took the plug in off the end of the cord the RV place had put on and cleaned all the wires and made sure they were good and tight. Then went back switch box and went thru all my connections on it some I got in farther and made sure they were all tight. Then I went and plug it in and it worked, I still don't know what it was for sure I guess I went over on my go over. Thanks every one for the help and Hope every one has a great Thanksgiving. Ronnie

Tags
power