Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Anyone with an older RV will experience the incorrect sensor reading. Instead of fighting with it, we just do our GEO method for keeping things nice, and we know that every ten days just dump it. We have went longer, but you can hear the different gurgle when you flush.
A blank tank should never smell unless you have a problem with the toilet seal, or your vents are bad.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #30

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
... I know everyone will tell me about their process-using ice cubes-lysol-dynomite-etc)...
I thought the same until I saw this video.

Now, I figure that a Composting Toilet may be the way to go.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #31

As a Tanktech dealer, I have seen this video. and with the use of the sewer cammera, I know ice in the tank is a waste of time.
mobilervcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
This video test is inaccurate for a true comparison. The tank should have not had sun dried solids, been half full of water and a lot more ice used. I have used the correct "ice in the tank" method and get the results I desire every time. But, there is one big difference. I have used an enzime exclusively sold by liscensd plumber with a quarantee that if you evry have a clod, they come out free of chareg and clean the drain lines. I used this (fultiming) for a few years and then Iwent for a few more withourt using anything at all. These live enzimes will actually reproduce as long as they have food and are not killed off with harmful chemicals. Even after dumping the tanks, what ensimes were stuck on the walls f the tank were enough to take care of the job for the two of us only dumping once a week. Use it in the grey tanks as well
I am sure we had no build up but the sensors would still faultsify due to scale of the different waters. A half tank of clean water , 10 lbs of ice and our normal driving out of the campgrounds, down country roads and onto the highways has always knocked off the scale and good for several months.
I believe the best plan is to know how to properly use the black (and grey) tanks. We don't overload with large quantities of the proper septic tank safe tissue, never flushed anything but toilet tissue down the toilet, used a very good live enzime and we never dumped until the tanks were full. Water was added to the empty tank (about 5 gallons to give the emzimes remaining something to survive off.
Those that have already got serious build up may have to have the tanks pressure cleaned to start off and get instant tank and monitor operation and then use a good plan to prevent future problems.
The coach is now 15 years old and the sensors are working as per design to this day.I hope this may be helpful to those who may be experiencing simalar issues.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #33

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
This video test is inaccurate for a true comparison. The tank should have not had sun dried solids, been half full of water and a lot more ice used. I have used the correct "ice in the tank" method and get the results I desire every time. But, there is one big difference. I have used an enzime exclusively sold by liscensd plumber with a quarantee that if you evry have a clod, they come out free of chareg and clean the drain lines. I used this (fultiming) for a few years and then Iwent for a few more withourt using anything at all. These live enzimes will actually reproduce as long as they have food and are not killed off with harmful chemicals. Even after dumping the tanks, what ensimes were stuck on the walls f the tank were enough to take care of the job for the two of us only dumping once a week. Use it in the grey tanks as well
I am sure we had no build up but the sensors would still faultsify due to scale of the different waters. A half tank of clean water , 10 lbs of ice and our normal driving out of the campgrounds, down country roads and onto the highways has always knocked off the scale and good for several months.
I believe the best plan is to know how to properly use the black (and grey) tanks. We don't overload with large quantities of the proper septic tank safe tissue, never flushed anything but toilet tissue down the toilet, used a very good live enzime and we never dumped until the tanks were full. Water was added to the empty tank (about 5 gallons to give the emzimes remaining something to survive off.
Those that have already got serious build up may have to have the tanks pressure cleaned to start off and get instant tank and monitor operation and then use a good plan to prevent future problems.
The coach is now 15 years old and the sensors are working as per design to this day.I hope this may be helpful to those who may be experiencing simalar issues.
I think what we need is for someone to manufacture a high quality black water tank. I could envision a tank with a sprinkler type of head inside. The head would move up and down inside the tank. An outside the tank air pressure bladder type of water tank would provide high pressure water to the sprinkler. We would press a button and a motor would move the sprinkler up and down inside the tank, dislodging anything stuck in there.

Now, we just need to figure out how much someone would be willing to pay for a tank like this.

P.S.

Optional accessories for such a tank:

- A miniature camera built into the top of the tank, transmitting wirelessly to the display in the RV would allow us to provide the DW with confirmation that the tank is empty of all HER donations to the tank.

- A sanitizer port to sprinkle the inside of the tank with any desirable disinfectant or scent after tank has been cleaned.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:47 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shark Tank Material!

like the idea, sending a hundred grand your way for RD!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #35

Hi MobileRVCare,

Thanks for all the free advertising. Do you know who invented the hydro cleaning process you all are talking about? The master plumber who in 2003 stuck the very first fiber-optic camera in the holding tanks of rvs and boats and studied the effects of harsh chemicals on tanks? Who found that Happy Camper product does work when used as directed? Who sold TankTecks there franchise for Phoenix, AZ? Who has been recommended by Gary Bunzer "The RV Doctor" for the past 12yrs? Who is now in 19 states with his mobile services helping rvers get themselves out of trouble because no one else will help? Me, Preston Hall aka niceguy9605
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #36

We tried the Extreme product and it did nothing. The sensors were still inoperative. We just had a pro clean the tanks and no they work great. He recommended TankTechsRx and explained how it worked so I bought a bottle. We'll see how well it works. It can't work any worse than Extreme and the TST crap we get at Walmart.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #37

TankTechs

VegasDan, I appreciate your information about TankTechs, and can see why you were disappointed with how the thread went. However, now, with several years behind you, do you have a review of how you feel the TankTechs product worked for you? I'd love your feedback.

Best regards.
Jayb03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank