Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Retired Senior Member

Thumbs down The fun never ends?

Threw a couple of garmets in the Splendide. Two hours later i find water flowing out of the top of the washer! DOH! Furthermore, when i finally got the water shut off, the tub was still full (never open the door when water level is above the top of the door). Been soaking up water with bath towels for the past hour.

If Norcold is the scourge of refridgerators, then Splendid DooDoo is the equivalent for washer/dryer appliances! This episode will result in a nice storage space cause this POS is headed to the trash pile where it belongs. Grrrrr!
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry for your problem with the washer. Isn't rv'ing FUN??? We had the water on the floor dilema as well just the other day from a different type of incident and I really don't want to go there. Hope all dries out well.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We made the "Storage Space" decision before we bought the motor home.. Kind of glad since we keep hearing stories.

By the way, if it is PROPERLY installed, it won't overflow like that (Though it will fill up your gray tank)
Old 12-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Retired Senior Member

I dont want to trade overflows with ya wa8yxm.

Used the washer once in 2005. Been off and unused for the past 6years. Not a clue what i did wrong. Did have the gray drain open though so it wasnt a lack of capacity.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh wow, sorry for your problem. Did you follow the procedure given for opening door in mid cycle or with a full tub? Seems like DW does at least one load@ day and has for the five years we have had it and never had any problem. You must have gotten a lemon. Enjoy your storage space.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Never a problem, except for a broken door latch, since June of 2008. Normally one or 2 loads a day and we are basically full timers.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I've had washers overflow in the stick house too. PITA. But just cause they break down sometimes doesn't mean we want to go back to pounding clothes on rocks in a stream.

But I'll grant the Splendide washer/dryer is a complex beast that needs more than a bit of care to keep it running ok.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like it might have been something as simple as a clogged drain line. You will know when you remove it.

I wouldn't throw in the trash though. Sell it on ebay or Craigslist. Seen used ones go for $400.00 and up. You could buy a lot of stuff for your new storage area with $400.00.

We use ours 2 or 3 days a week when on the road to keep the loads small. Really enjoy the convenience of ours.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
Retired Senior Member

Red face

Cooled down a bit now and realize this situation is the exception rather than the rule. I may have caused the problem by manually advancing the control knob. Whatever the cause, the result was a continious fill and no pump out step resulting in over the top flow. The drain was clear.

Thanks for the observations. Although i think i will carry a few rolls of quarters with me from now on, i will operate this one a few times to make sure it is worthy of selling. Hate to put someone else through the mess i was in.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #10

Ron
I have been away from the site for a couple of days and just now got back. Is your Splendide a 2100XC? If it is have you ran it through the lint flush cycle? If it is one of the older models this was not needed. It could be from the timer missing the spot to pump out the drum as you have stated. Give it another try and watch it closely.
If you decide to take it out P/M me, It is at least a 2 person job to get it out (we are in Madison for a while) and would be glad to help out.
4travlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
Retired Senior Member

Thanks for that offer. Will let you know.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had to get the water out of mine one time. I used a shop vac. I found the drain hose connection where it goes into the drain pipe. I sucked the water out through the drain hose and little later the door would open. It seems it will not open with water in it.....hope it helps...glen
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As a condition of purchase I traded mine in for an outside freezer/fridge, never been sorry, especially when the Norcold went sour.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Retired Senior Member

Red face

Unfortunately, mine would open with water inside. I set a world record with my reclosing time.

In carrying on "The fun never ends" theme, this morning the shore water stopped working. Could not fill my tank and no pressure at the faucets. WTH! Turned out to be a completely clogged screen where the hose attaches to the coach. Of course i tried every exoctic fix i could think of before finding that simple repair!