Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can anyone tell me about the switch on the Honeywell that flips from gas/oil to electric/heat pump. What position should it be in. Online the one person that mentions it says put it in the electric/heat pump position, because of the green wire being connected.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #16

Green should be Hi fan AC
The Honeywell if it's a HP thermostat should be Heat to run as heat pump, E heat or Emergency heat for the gas furnace.
For those that have a rv heatpump, have any of ya'll tried a " dual fuel " stat that auto switches between the heat sources ? Now I'm complicating it.
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I played some more with it, and now I get nothing to come on. Even put the old tstat in. I ran out of time. I guess later I will be checking the breaker. Cause neither the front or back ac fans come on.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:11 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundwaldo View Post
Well I played some more with it, and now I get nothing to come on. Even put the old tstat in. I ran out of time. I guess later I will be checking the breaker. Cause neither the front or back ac fans come on.
Not THE breaker. Each unit has a breaker. Did you go to You tube and follow the directions? You can not wire it per the direction that came in the box!
Old 11-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Not THE breaker. Each unit has a breaker. Did you go to You tube and follow the directions? You can not wire it per the direction that came in the box!
As stated earlier I have watched about 100 videos on YouTube and wired exactly as they all said. I have even wired the old tstat and it is not working.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #20

Check the 12volt fuses. All controls on the AC switch with 12 volts + that is the red wire.
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960C182 View Post
Check the 12volt fuses. All controls on the AC switch with 12 volts + that is the red wire.
Ty I will check this later. I looked at them but never checked to make they were not blown. This maybe why the digital hours on the genie are not showing either.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960C182 View Post
Turned out to be a fuse like you suggested.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you all for your help. Got this all wired up and working tonight. Just need to replace the rear tstat now. The front one was the hard one, because the back has no heat.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, thermostat