Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thetford aqua magic toilet pressure

Curious to why over the last week camping my toilet water pressure in the bowl has slowed up to a trickle , the model I have has a rinser and when I push the pedal the rinser has all kinds of pressure ,just very little from valve to the bowl,I'm assuming that there may be a screen or a piece of debris clogged up that part of the valve.anyone now if there is a quick fix maybe blow out the valve with air,there isn't a ton of room there to work but I can get the supply tube and the tube to the bowl off without taking the whole toilet out ,don't no if I can get the valve out without taking the toilet out.
Any info would be great

Thanks

Warren &Amy
sometimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Your best bet is to remove the toilet and work on it, you will have less troubles and won't be working on it upside down. Sounds like some trask got in the end of the valve where water hooks on, you might beable to remove water line and insert a small wire or something to see if you can get it out before removing it
Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv
Your best bet is to remove the toilet and work on it, you will have less troubles and won't be working on it upside down. Sounds like some trask got in the end of the valve where water hooks on, you might beable to remove water line and insert a small wire or something to see if you can get it out before removing it
Lol between this toilet and the furnace ...looking like the start of a beautiful friendship ,maybe I should be talking to it every day ....Lol

thanks
Warren &Amy
Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #4

Your toilet has a vacuum breaker that is problematic. Also the tubing that exits the breaker can pull back and leak where it enters* the rim area.
Reach around behind the toilet, there's a void. Feel around to see if it's wet in there. Also check the floor behind the toilet for wet. If the breaker has failed, every time you flush, water will spit out the top of the breaker and/or come out here*.

If you have a leak grab a 1/2" box and a 1/2' deep socket with a long extension. Only 2 nuts, one near the flush pedal and one under the round cap at about 10 o'clock looking at the open bowl. Remove those nuts and undo the water feed, remove the unit to repair.

The hose can be pushed in further, the vac break will need to be replaced.

HTH
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #5

Having replaced the water valve on my toilet, remove the toilet. There is simply no room to get to the back area where you need access.
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep it was the valve, I replaced it , everything works great . Thanks a bunch

Warren & Amy