Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #1

Thetford Aria Deluxe II parts

Our 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire has a Thetford Aria Deluxe II toilet. It has been trouble free. DW says it is time to change the old seat, but to do that I have to remove the toilet to gain enough space to access the back of the toilet. Since I am doing this, what parts should I also replace at the same time? Just seals? Water valve? The whole mechanism?

I know some of you have had trouble with this toilet, but it has worked well for us and DW likes it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you're going to pull the toilet to replace the seat, you should replace the toilet/floor seal. It's a sponge rubber that seals toilet to floor. sorry, I don't have a part number for that alone, but where ever you are getting the toilet seat from should be able to direct you.

If your bowl is not holding any water, you can order # 19627 for the new seal.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
My guess is the toughest thing will be getting the floor bolts back in...haven't gotten mine back in yet.

First A D II lasted 18 months. Hope the second lasts as long as you, as it sucks driving a half a million dollar outhouse (with an open hole) till you get it fixed!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 AM   #4

A new floor seal came in the spare parts box when we bought the coach, so I am set with that. The bowl still holds water just fine but I think I will replace the seal as long as the toilet is removed.

What is the difficulty in replacing the mounting bolts? What failed on your first Thetford?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I gave up the Aria II fight, I replaced the whole thing. But if you want to make sure you have projects for later, I get it. Floor seal for sure, about $7. The entire valve system about $150, maybe. While you have it out pay very close attention to the orientation of the floor flange, in fact I would take a picture, so you know how much work it will be when you do replace it. You are hoping for a 3 o'clock-9 o'clock orientation, not the 1 o'clock 7 that I had (referring to the slots for the hold down bolts). Additionally, make certain on the reinstall that you route the control wires away from the knurled manual flush knob as it will interfere with the operation..trust me, I know.
kgchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I recently rebuilt my Aria II. Pretty simple, parts ordered from Amazon.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/toil...ii-362273.html
L.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #7

Thanks for that link. It is a great help!

I think I will go ahead and order that valve mechanism and a flange seal in preparation for needing to do this job. It continues to work fine but with the issues with these I have read about in the forums, I assume it will just be a matter of time before it will need attention.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #8

After you change the flange and seal, you'll want to go and buy a tube of Dow 111 lube paste to apply on your toilet seal from time to time. You'll notice a difference right away, the trap mechanism will be quieter and smoother and the seal will last a very long time. It is expensive stuff but well worth the money. Just be sure to wear disposable nitrile gloves when you apply it. Don't need much, 3/4 inch bead on finger tip and spread on contact surface. To keep trap open and no water running into basin, press both buttons twice together. Don't run the exhaust fan as this will draw air into coach from the tank. Not pleasant. Good luck.
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #9

Thanks! I will order some Dow 111. The previous owner used something like coconut oil and the toilet is still working great, but I will try the 111 lube.

Tags
ford, parts