Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #15

New tablet
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So I had a friend (electrician/carpenter) over and put the new light fixture in, no go, the fixture is bad. Tried it on a battery direct, still no go.

Glad I didn't have to pay Dave to come find this out. I'm so irritated!!!

Have to return the piece of junk to Thin Lite.

And the place I ordered it from, AdventureRV.net is not at all helpful, didn't even offer to take it back, still in its bag. (It was inside a display bag, packed with shipping paper, in a box from them, no damage that I could see)

I talked to Thin Lite company and they said it should have come in a box, not a display bag....

Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #17

Not good just got back in town
Old 03-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
So I had a friend (electrician/carpenter) over and put the new light fixture in, no go, the fixture is bad. Tried it on a battery direct, still no go.

Glad I didn't have to pay Dave to come find this out. I'm so irritated!!!

Have to return the piece of junk to Thin Lite.

And the place I ordered it from, AdventureRV.net is not at all helpful, didn't even offer to take it back, still in its bag. (It was inside a display bag, packed with shipping paper, in a box from them, no damage that I could see)

I talked to Thin Lite company and they said it should have come in a box, not a display bag....

Sorry for your troubles. This is truly an excellent, well made fixture. I assume the ballast circuitry is bad. I have one of these fixtures that's 12 years old now. My ballast went bad at the 8 year mark and I replaced with a couple of LED bulb replacements. It was more expensive than replacing the ballast but the light output is excellent and no more bulb replacement.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was so impressed with the light and how it is in a perfect contained prism around the entry door, I so agree Steve.

But man I was hot when we hooked it up and it didn't work. It took forever to get here.

Supposedly Thin Lite will fix it or send me a new one. They did tell me it should have come in a box, and AdventureRV. sold it to me as if it were off a display peg, in a plastic bag with the cardboard at the top that hangs on a display case for sale....I think I won't be ordering anything from that AdventureRV place. Their website was for xxxt and wouldn't process the paypal payment, took me several hours of trying and then I just used a credit card, got tired of trying. Then when it gets here, its no good! Grumble!

Hope to have it back and installed by the weekend.

Dave, you watching?
Old 03-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #20

I'm here Kent
Old 03-20-2015, 08:26 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thin Lite had trouble diagnosing the unit, finally found one one end of a filament in the bulb was bad or damaged...It baffled them for a minute or two according to the very kind manager there.

We talked via phone and they replaced the bulbs and sent it back.

Was thinking of upgrading to the LED but I've already spent enough money and time on this as it is.

Will hopefully get the fixture back today or Monday.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:59 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Completed. Very happy with this new fixture!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150314_151230067.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	92148   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150417_191653373_HDR.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	92149  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150417_191736594_HDR.jpg