Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #43

Angry

Is it possible that the manager is trying to force the OP's daughter to vacate the park for some reason? Getting a bill like that would certainly have me looking to move asap.
Don't know anything about the park. Possibly someone trying to get that site?
Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is generally the right thing to do; however his aggressive attitude and apparent lack of an apology in this case makes the situation smell badly.
Eagles16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #44

Agree with Eagles. This is beyond a simple skimming trick, because it's so transparent.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #45

datrbone8, I guess you didn't read my first paragraph and we would be in total agreement if it had gone the way it should have. I have four kids and I don't care how old I get our how old they are I will always be their Dad and be there if they need my help. That's just what parents do, doesn't mean you don't let them learn things for themselves, but you don't sit back and watch if they are being taken advantage of or victimized either. Just my opinion.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyleighe View Post
Mama on the warpath!
I am pushing towards seventy and would prefer to live in peace and harmony with nature and my fellows. But sometimes, you just have to step into the fray. I don't think I would have had the motivation to confront the situation for my daughter if not for the support and information I gleaned from this forum and your responses. Thank you. This is the third time this forum has helped me out of a difficult situation through a sharing of knowledge and experience. I can't thank you enough.
You rock! Hope your daughter learned something from you ( and this situation).
Old 12-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would still question the bill - or is it reasonable for her usage to double?
Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Mike and Cha==== agree 100% on our kids I am also almost 70 but kids are ours good job Dad.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #49
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
datrbone8, I guess you didn't read my first paragraph and we would be in total agreement if it had gone the way it should have. I have four kids and I don't care how old I get our how old they are I will always be their Dad and be there if they need my help. That's just what parents do, doesn't mean you don't let them learn things for themselves, but you don't sit back and watch if they are being taken advantage of or victimized either. Just my opinion.

I agree 100%! I would have done the same thing her dad did! Some people think they can take advantage of a single female like that!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #50

I cant believe Datrbone8's responses. Don't you have children? I will do anything in my power to look out for my children any time its needed no matter how old they are or how old I am. I too think that something is amiss here and the manager needs to be investigated. At the very least the owner of the park needs to know about this and HE can do the investigation. Well done for looking out for your daughter in this.

2001 American Eagle 40 US 8.9 ISL, towing 1999 Cherokee or 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with Polaris RZR in the back.
Jimalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #51

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyleighe View Post
My daughter has a 2005 Montana and has been living in it over a year. The park manager came over this morning and told her that her electric bill is a thousand dollars this month. He said her rig to shore power cable was not plugged in all the way and caused the meter to spin faster and use up electricity. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Her power bill averages $50 - $60 dollars a month. Could the meter be faulty? I've been living in my rig 12 years and have never heard of such a thing?
It's been a week MickeyLeighe, What has your daughter done?
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power