Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #1

Toilet issue

My coach has been sitting for about 3 months and after filling with water last night this fitting is leaking on the back of the toilet. It's leaking from the very top which looks like a vent almost. Is this is a replaceable part? What's it called?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413402749.631529.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	611.2 KB
ID:	76596. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer68 View Post
My coach has been sitting for about 3 months and after filling with water last night this fitting is leaking on the back of the toilet. Is this is a replaceable part? What's it called?Attachment 76596. Thanks
DragRacer68
That is a "vacuum breaker" and should be available from the toilet manufacturer.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #3

Thanks Mel. I'll look into it. Maybe the local RV parts place has one.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #4

I've had to replace a couple of them. Each time I've had to order from Thetford. Easy enough to do once you figure out how to reach it. My suggestion is that if you can't easily get to the hoses "I see you're using a mirror", consider removing the toilet and do the work in the garage and then re-install the toilet.
atamians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
Community Moderator

when i replaced the bowl seals, i took the toilet out so got to know how it works... without moving the toilet, you should be able to just pull it out with force toward the back wall (horizontally). (mine is a sealand though).
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #6

You may find that locating the part is a bit more difficult than you think. It really depends on what brand and model toilet you have. Like CountryFit I have a Sealand and mine is a discontinued model. I had to replace the anti-siphon valve on ours too. And I had a devil of a time finding a supplier for my part.

I was able to replace mine with the toilet in place, although I had to do some clever manipulation of a flexible drive screwdriver to get to the hose clamps. But, once I took out the controller board I had an acceptable access to anti-siphon valve. The fact that you have to use a mirror to take a picture of yours makes me think you may not have enough access to replace it without removing the toilet from the stand. (And if you do that, you might as well replace the seals as well while you have it off.)

Don't be surprised if your replacement does not come with a cap on top. On mine, I had to take the top off the old unit and put it on the new one.

Like everything else, the first time you do it is that hardest.