Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2017, 05:43 AM   #1

Trojan T-1275-AGM vs Trojan 12AGM

Bouncing around the Trojan website, I discover they make two different 12V deep cycle batteries, T1275-AGM and 12AGM. Both claim to be size GC12, the the 12AGM is a bit longer and almost 20 lbs heavier. Their electrical specs are very similar. I have no idea on the cost differences are.

Interesting to me is that the 12AGM has CCA and CA ratings which ti me is a dead give-away that it is not a true deep discharge battery.

Has any one used the Trojan 12AGM and care to comment ? Any comments from anyone ?

P.S. the "wet" T1275 weighs a bit more than the AGM version and has a little bit better specs.
theoldwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #2

You did not say if this was for House or Chassis consideration?

If House, and you have the footprint size to hold them, two 6V Trojan AGM's will give you 240AH's - which of course beats 140AH (or 150AH for the Wet batteries you linked.

I don't know the Trojan line as well as I used too, so this comment may not apply. But many batteries are now seemingly being listed as Deep Cycles, when they're really more of a crossover/mixed use battery that can do both starter and house duty. Sort of a Marine Type battery, using the boating lingo. Most true Deep Cycle specs don't include a CCA related charge. Where of course Starter or crossover/mixed use. I believe Trojan uses, or used to use, the buzzword 'Dual Purpose' for batteries that can support Starter and House type usage. And I believe I read that Trojan was coming out with a new line of Reliant batteries, that I really don't know much about.

A high level general rule of thumb:

House - Shop for 20HR AH ratings, and get the highest that will fit the space and or your budget.

Chassis - Shop for CCA and get the highest CCA that will fit the space and or your budget. (And be sure to look at CCA not CA, which many are now advertising as that number is usually higher then CCA. And can be a bit misleading if comparing apples and oranges.)

And don't get me wrong, many 'Deep Cycle' batteries can do CCA starter duties, but they're just not designed for it.

Finally. If looking for House and or Starter batteries. Check out Full River too, as many positive reports, and bit lower purchase price for these batteries. (Though I admit, I did go Lifeline AGM L16's for House, and CAT Maint Free Wet 8D for Chassis duty. But have had good results with Trojan Wet T125's in our Bounder.)

Happy hunting, and I'll follow this thread to see what others know about the ones you linked!

Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #3

I noticed that the 12AGM doesn't have a D.O.D. ( depth of discharge ) chart in their specs, where the T1275- AGM does.
The T1275-AGM has the typical 1000 cycles @ 50% DOD.

That, along with a CCA spec, may be another clue that The 12AGM is probably a dual purpose battery.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote