Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

water fill 2003 gulfstream

Sun voyager. This may sound silly but how do you fill the water tank? It has a connection for a water hose inside the same compartment as the sewage pump out(brilliant). This will work but where is the gravity feed fill?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #2

The water connection you're seeing may be for flushing the black tank. Look elsewhere for another hose hookup. Often times you'll find valves near the connection that allow you to either operate on "city" water or fill your tank. These should be marked to show positions.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matejag5 View Post
Sun voyager. This may sound silly but how do you fill the water tank? It has a connection for a water hose inside the same compartment as the sewage pump out(brilliant). This will work but where is the gravity feed fill?
On my 2005 SunVoyager yes that is how you fill the tank. There should be a 3 way valve that directs 1 way for campground hook up, the other way for filling/using the tank.

There is NO gravity fill... Hope this helps!
Chris

(BTW, I looked all over that darned thing 3 times to make sure I wasnt missing it!)
Old 07-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #4

Thanks just thought I was missing something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110715_153012.png
Views:	90
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	12143   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110715_153117.png
Views:	126
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	12144  

Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #5

If you have the POO tank flushing aparatus that will be located in the center back of that compartment...

Chris
Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks just thought I was missing something.
I looked 3 times also after just buying my '05: lots more work to clean out the fresh water system with a cleaner or bleach solution. Bummer.
Rubbin
Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #7

We just picked up our "new" ('06) GS G7 this weekend and while it has a fill apparatus as mentioned above as well as the flush connection,ours does have a compartment door for visual of water tank and there are plugs on tank where simple gravity fill could be made...and excellent plus if one dry camps and needs to add water from a pour-in supply.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a similiar setup on my airstream MH. I have city water hookup and a gravity fill located at the rear of the MH then a tap that is located right beside the POO hookup in the sewer dump area. I was not sure what this tap was for as I thought you could only fill the fresh water tanks VIA gravity fill plus locating this tap in the sewr cleanout made no sense to me. I think I will sanitize the freshwater system before my next trip to be safe.
Thanks.
Tom&Jud
Old 08-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #9

makes no sense

Why Gulfstream thought it would be a good idea to put the freshwater fill and the outdoor shower in the same compartment as the waste tanks is beyond me. Just remember to open the valves on the top of the water tank so the pressure dosent build up.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #10

Quote:
there is no gravity feed fill, your connector is in the compartment you listed, there is no other way to fill it...there is a handle on the connector you have to turn up or to the side to either fill your tank or send the water straight to the faucets and shower. Didn't you get an owners manual? Most of the time when an RV is sold the dealer does a walk through on how to work everything. This would be a good time to make a video tape when they do that.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #11

stolen

I stole it and didn't want to go back and ask the owners if the would do a walk through. Lol.
I bought it as a bank repo. There are manuals for just about everything in the RV but no general
Guide for things of that nature. I wish it had a general overall guide to the RV but it is nowhere to be found. I am guessing gulfstream did not include one. All the paperwork from repairs, the punchout list, and even the original bill of sale was included with all the paperwork.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #12

M, Gulfstream had a manual but it was so very general and lack of information given in previous RV manuals I had owned. I believe you still may be able to download a manual from Internet if you search for it.

Did you have the water fill plugs on tank as I suggested ours had?

buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gulfstream, water