Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #1

I had plenty of hot water before I pulled out yesterday to fill propane tanks. Came back, hooked up, and now, I have plenty of hot water to the bathroom sink and only warm water to the shower, kitchen, and outside shower. Water pressure to the faucets is fine. Water heater is heating properly. Had technician out to look at it today....and HE is stumped. Can find nothing to account why hot water is not flowing forward of the bathroom sink faucet. It's the same whether I turn on the gas for the water heater, or use electric.
deltadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Check to be sure the outside shower valves are turned off good. That can cause a 'mixing' of hot and cold giving you results like you are seeing.

Howard
Howard Rawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #3

Thanks....I will try that first thing in the morning.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Which water heater do you have? Open the outside door and the ID sticker will be on the right side if it is a Atwood water heater. If it is a GE16TE then the problem is most likely the mixing valve on the back of the water heater. Mine went out just before Christmas and I had the same problem.

Richard
Old 02-08-2009, 05:07 AM   #5

Now who would have thought that the outside faucets being in the on position would have affected the inside shower and kitchen sink, but not the bathroom sink. Thank you very much....going outside and double checking those faucets and putting them in "off", did the trick. I have hot water again. Thank you very much for those that alerted me to the outside faucets being the problem.