Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #1

I just purchased a 2000 Jayco 266FBS TT and it has 3 switches for the water pump. (kitchen, bath, outside shower). However, I can't seem to turn the pump off. The pump switches are all lit regardless of the orientation. I pulled the fuse for the moment. Is there a relay somewhere that controls the pump? I didn't see anything obvious.
thanks.
ToddStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #2

I just purchased a 2000 Jayco 266FBS TT and it has 3 switches for the water pump. (kitchen, bath, outside shower). However, I can't seem to turn the pump off. The pump switches are all lit regardless of the orientation. I pulled the fuse for the moment. Is there a relay somewhere that controls the pump? I didn't see anything obvious.
thanks.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi, ToddStyles. Welcome to iRV2.com. I don't have an outside shower on my 266FBS so there are only two switches (kitchen & bath).

From your posting, it sounds like you might have two problems.

The first: "The pump switches are all lit regardless of the orientation"

If the power light remains on when all three switches are off I think that would be an indication of either a faulty switch or wiring problem.

The second: "I can't seem to turn the pump off"

I looked through my SHURflo manual and here's their troubleshooting check list for "Pump will not shut-off / runs when faucet is closed". Check:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Output side (pressure) plumbing for leaks and inspect for leaky valves or toilet.
<LI>For air trapped in outlet side (water heater) or pump head.
<LI>For correct voltage to pump (+/- 10%).
<LI>For loose drive assembly or pump head screws.
<LI>Are the valves or internal check valve held open by debris or is rubber swollen?
<LI>Pressure switch operation/adjustment incorrect, refer to shut-off adjustment for switch.[/list]Give these a try.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:21 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. Here's what I found out after pulling all the switches and tracing the wiring. There is a main pump switch located on the monitor panel. If it's turned on, none of the other switches will turn off the pump. If the main switch is off, you can turn on the pump from either of the other two switches, but you must turn that switch back off when you are finished. Seems kind of odd, but that's how it's wired. The pump is working fine now that I know how the switches are wired.
thanks again.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:00 AM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
ToddStyles:

I pulled my TT out of the mine over the weekend and was able to confirm how my switches work.

I found that turning on either switch (in the bathroom or on the monitor panel in the kitchen) will turn the pump on. However, both switches must be off in order to disable the pump.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote