Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Water temp too cool

Atwood water heater.. 2012 Fleetwood bounder classic. Our water heater isn't putting out hot water... Warm but not hot. When you first turn on the wh the light on the switch comes on but goes back off. Also seems to get hotter if we use the on demand pump. Any ideas... Are these wh adjustable

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 06:19 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
I know some of the WH have a mixing valve on the system. Ours went bad and replaced it. The valve was locate on the tank. You have to ensure the heater is working. I believe that there is a valve on the out side you can open to check temp of water in tank as it should be very hot.

markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #3

First thing to check is the outside shower spray in wet bay, if these are left on even slightly it will have this result. Let us know what you find plz.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:46 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I checked the outside shower and it is turned off. Looked fit a mixing valve and couldnt find will look better. Thank you for the input
Old 10-19-2016, 07:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryshirley View Post
I checked the outside shower and it is turned off. Looked fit a mixing valve and couldnt find will look better. Thank you for the input
It is on the back of the water tank

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...T+Water+Heater

Check the temperature of the water at the overflow on the tank to make sure it is hot before you get all cranked up on the mixing valve. Also check your hot water tank bypass to make sure that it did not get moved. It is possible that there is debris in the mixing valve.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
If you haven't been cleaning out your tank and build up is present, may cause similar symptoms. Flush it and then fill with distilled vinegar to clean it. I got another 10+ degrees out of mine after a good cleaning, let it heat up for most of the day. I tried a quick cleaning and the result was not as effective. Good how to's on u tube. If you haven't been cleaning out the tank regularly, I'd try it before a service call,.
LookAtUSNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
I turned on the hot water in the kitchen sink... It was warm. I ran the hot until the water heater turned on. After the water heater turned off I put some water in a glass from the relief valve... It was 133 degrees... When I rechecked the sink it was very hot. I must have fixed it lol... Still unsure we ll see if it happens again.... Thank you everybody
Old 10-19-2016, 05:13 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The light SHOULD go out when the WH lights, that's the way it's designed to work. If it stays on the WH didn't start after three tries.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water