Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #1

Unhappy Well, Splendide is at it again.

Well it is at it again. Old Thread

It leaks a bit so I had time to pull it out of the closet and take the back off. The pump spins but not freely so I will pull it in the morning and go the STP trick and will take it apart and try to seal it so I can do a few loads. The one thing I did notice is the shock on the left side (as you look from the front) is blown and has some kind of material around it. So I guess I will call Splendide on Monday and have a few parts shipped. Wonder if I should replace both shocks while I have the back off, guess I will ask when I call. Wonder if the extra shaking is causing the leak?

Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #2

Well I pulled the pump and there is a bit of movement in the shaft and it looks like some kind of bearing retainer has quite a bit of rust and the mounting screw below it is rusted. So unless there I some kind of overhaul kit it looks like a new pump is in order. So 7+ years is not too bad just hope it is cheaper than the whole machine.

Paul
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I was looking at the pics in your album. On a 1 to 10, with 10 being best, how would you rate Fool Hollow Lake State Park? Joe
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I was looking at the pics in your album. On a 1 to 10, with 10 being best, how would you rate Fool Hollow Lake State Park? Joe
I spent Thanksgiving there in 97 and have not had a chance to go back. I think the lake is very low now.

Paul
Old 10-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I took my 2100 out and replaced it with the 2100XC. Got tired of replacing part here and there. Discount RV in Illinois was the best deal. Under $1000. New one has a 3 phase motor instead of DC motor. Still a piece of crap. A lot easier to move if you slide the top off and unbolt the concrete counter weights.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

We also replaced our 2000S with a 2100XC. That is a much improved model.

Let us know what a pump costs - Splendide is pretty proud of their parts!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote