Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #1

What single serve coffee maker?

I don't have a lot of counter space in the kitchen but I really want a single cup electric coffee maker permanently installed (or velcroed) to the kitchen counter so it can quickly be used while traveling down the road. I love several cups of coffee during the day and don't want my wife having to pull out the coffee maker from the cabinet every time to brew me one cup while on the road. She doesn't drink coffee, so I just need a single cup brewer, like a K cup, or similar that doesn't take up much counter space.

What are my fellow coffee drinkers using that would work well? Wish there was a pop up coffee maker - that would be cool.

Thanks for any ideas,
David
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #2

The Keurig works well for us. We place it down in the sink when traveling. Pull over and put Keurig on the countertop - turn on the inverter - brew a cup quickly and easily.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I went with the Keurig K55 Single cup brewer, as it is a smaller 48oz unit. It's smaller than my home unit.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:29 AM   #4

Keurig k55 also. Heavy duty Velcro to countertop. Hasn't moved in 10000 miles.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:02 AM   #5

David-

We gave up on Keurigs. Our original lasted over five years with few problems. We bought a K300 to replace it and had problems with it (and its two warranty replacements) almost every week. I don't drink coffee, but acutely shared my wife's frustration with not having a satisfactory cup appear at the expected time.

We use the Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer (BVMC-KG5-001). It uses K-cups. It's not as fast at brewing a cup as the Keurigs were.

Our counter space is limited, so we stow the brewer under the dinette while moving. I'm still thinking about some imaginative way to mount it near the galley.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Phochief,

We are in the process of replacing our home Keurig and may go with a different brand. Their CS dept is good and they will replace defective ones but the DW is looking at a brand that has good reviews and 3 year warranty as opposed to a Keurig 1 year. I think it is the Cuisenart (sp) brand.

In the RV we still use a single cup Keurig but a permanent mount won't work. You can't allow the RV interior to get below freezing. There is water stored in the Keurig all the time and it can't be removed.

Because of counter space we have it on a sliding tray so water can be added then pushed back to get the space back. We also store it in the sink when traveling. If you have counter space the velcro idea would work. The big problem is the limited number of inverter plugs available.

Your plates will be shipped Tuesday.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #7

I've tried different coffee makers and have found that the cheapest one has been the best. Think i paid under $10 for this thing but it works great.

Very light weight, has screen filter (no need for paper filters), uses the coffee of my choice in the amount i like, and i can put anything from a tea cup to a tall 20 oz yeti under the drip (works great with the yeti to keep the coffee hot). Simple operation (add coffee, add water, push button to brew). Turns itself off after brewing. Cleanup is easy (rinse the old grounds from the filter). It does not have a hot plate to keep your mug warm.

Been using ours everyday for probably 3 years now without any problems.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #8

Jura S9 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E32VY9W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490026580&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=jura+s9&dpPl=1&d pID=41EqZBYXgvL&ref=plSrch

A little expensive but makes an excellent cup of coffee.
Wdeertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #9

We have the multi cup Keurig that we brought from the house. It sits on the counter even when traveling but is pushed up against the wall.

It has been acting up lately and is several years old. DW wants something else smaller but since it sits against the wall we can't use the type with a rear reservoir.

We want the Keurig system so maybe someone has some alternatives.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't drink coffee but the wife lives on it. She tried a couple of coffee makers for the coach and finally gave up. Now when she wants a cup I start the generator and she heats a cup of water in the microwave and adds her instant coffee.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #11

I use this one. Made for hotel rooms so it's slightly smaller.

https://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-...s=keurig+hotel
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
We do not use the k-cup type of coffee at $50 per pound.

We do brew a drip pot after grinding the beans.

Then we pour the coffee into a thermal server. It stays hot until about 1:00pm when I stop drinking coffee.

DW just refills our travel mugs from the thermal server.

Cost....@$6.00 per pound.

Flavor is equal or better.....
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Phochief,

We are in the process of replacing our home Keurig and may go with a different brand. Their CS dept is good and they will replace defective ones but the DW is looking at a brand that has good reviews and 3 year warranty as opposed to a Keurig 1 year. I think it is the Cuisenart (sp) brand.

In the RV we still use a single cup Keurig but a permanent mount won't work. You can't allow the RV interior to get below freezing. There is water stored in the Keurig all the time and it can't be removed.

Because of counter space we have it on a sliding tray so water can be added then pushed back to get the space back. We also store it in the sink when traveling. If you have counter space the velcro idea would work. The big problem is the limited number of inverter plugs available.

Your plates will be shipped Tuesday.
So what do you do when you get some great advice on which coffee maker? You buy them all of course. I placed an order for three from Amazon tonight. The Keurig 55 that got the most votes, the Litchi Single Serve K-CUP Pod Coffee Maker Ground Coffee Machine 2-in-1 (because it has the smallest footprint), and the Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker, Stainless Steel that someone suggested.

Amazon's got a good return policy, so I'll try each one and see what appeals to us the most.

Thanks,
David

p.s. TeJay...check is in the mail....thanks!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdeertz View Post
Jura S9 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E3...gvL&ref=plSrch

A little expensive but makes an excellent cup of coffee.
Yes, for the price, it should make a terrific cup of coffee! But, alas, it would take up all of my counter space or I'd run right out and buy one.

Tags
single