Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
I too am a charcoal fan. I also have a Weber Jumbo Joe grill, very durable and compact. 254 sq. inches grilling area, approx. 21" tall. Fits into my storage area as well, it goes where the white box is in the pic.

Attachment 120784
I didnt realize they had a jumbo joe...just ordered one along with the folding weber table. Thanks for sharing!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #30

For me it has to be charcoal. I get a lot of use out of this for burgers steaks and chicken. It is sturdy enough to cook/bake/dutchoven with the cast iron cookware we use.

Little heavy at 3olbs but i know it will last a long time........my father had one. I remember it when i was 8 or so years old......found it in the back of his garage when he died 40 some years later.....nothing was wrong with but a little rust needed cleaning off since he had forgot about it for a long time.

Lodge Cast-Iron Sportsman's Grill | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #31

Charbroil tru infrared is the best we have tried, works great and easy to maintain.
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take a look at the Greem Montain Grill Davy Crockett. Not cheap but you can grill, bake, and smoke with it. All you need is food grade wood pellets in your favorite flavors. We have used one for over a year with excellent results.
NumberThree1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #33

I went with the Cuisinart infrared. 12,000 btu's from a table top grill.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #34

The Kingsford BBQ grill/smoker. Try it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 03-17-2016, 11:43 PM   #35

Has anybody used any of the electric BBQ's that are fairly new on the market?
Napoleon used to have one but it's not available anymore.
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
We use the Nexgrill that we bought at Costco for $100. What I like best in this small grill is can get very hot and has two independent burners.

Two burners are hard to find in a small compact grill.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Weber Q for us too with fold up stand so it doesn't take up tabletop space. Very happy with it. Sturdy and good for grilling steaks, chops, links, fish snd veggies. Pancakes and bacon on the griddle (accessory) are great too. See many others with this grill too.
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #38

Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett. Wood pellet fired (food grade only). Use as a smoker (225°) to a grill (550°). Efficient, easy to clean, stores and travels well. A little heavy (57#) but worth the trouble. Cools down fast, able to store in around 10 minutes. Pellets are available almost everywhere.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #39

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by trux View Post
Has anybody used any of the electric BBQ's that are fairly new on the market?
Napoleon used to have one but it's not available anymore.
I have an indoor electric grill...but it is an electricity HOG...can't run any appliance in the kitchen while it is on.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:58 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wink GMG DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-guy View Post
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett. Wood pellet fired (food grade only). Use as a smoker (225°) to a grill (550°). Efficient, easy to clean, stores and travels well. A little heavy (57#) but worth the trouble. Cools down fast, able to store in around 10 minutes. Pellets are available almost everywhere.

We've been using ours at home and on the road for a year now. Amazingly versatile piece of equipment. Smoked two six pound chickens on it this week. I'm going to try two pork butts tomorrow.
NumberThree1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #41

I used a Treager at the S&B but it was too big to fit into the bay, so we picked this one up. Works quite well.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
I have an indoor electric grill...but it is an electricity HOG...can't run any appliance in the kitchen while it is on.

What Brand is your electric grill? Shouldn't draw more electricity than a microwave?
trux is offline   Reply With Quote