Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I would guess after your findings that we can just chock-up your tank filling due to usage.......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #16

I would agree, I like the idea of leaving the water off to flush liquids but how to do that when you are hooked up to a hose and not using the pump?

I'm going to research the tecma and see if there is some way to lesson the water in the flush we keep our RV at a lake site for 6 months a year and we have water hook up but no dump they come once a week and pump it out so I'm worried about my entire family at the RV for the weekend I guess I can divide up the flushes by people lol

Thanks for the help so far.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Just remember Shawn that the less liquid (water) you use the greater chance of solids building up in the tank. In a black water tank water is a mans best friend!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #18
YC1

Ok, you do have the Techma. I will post the manual but in the mean time. Yes there is a way to set the water level. Since you have water to fill with do just that and turn it off and use the water pump or you will be dumping every three days. There should be an indicator light on the right flush button. It starts green, goes to yellow, then will go to red and eventually stop you from dumping. There is an override in this condition for an emergency flush though.

To really conserver water. When girls tinkle have a garbage can for that paper. Guys, use the outhouse as much as possible or natures locations for watering if possible. You can get paper toilet liners for the serious times and it will use much less water to flush. They are called Happy Bowl. They look like coffee filters,

We have managed many days this way. Getting rid of gray water is allowed in some places but check first.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Techma Easyfit toilet.pdf (1.73 MB, 39 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #19

Thanks yc1 does anybody have the manual for a single button model? I could not find a single valve or adjustment switch any where near the toilet
Old 03-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
The big question is how are you determining it's full, by the level indicator, by the amount you are dumping out, or does it look full when you flush it and it doesn't flush good?

It may not really be full, you may not be using enough water when you flush and the debris is building up where it dumps into the tank, just had this happen to a friend of mine.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our prior travel trailer (2011 Rockwood 2902SS) had the shower draining to the black tank. It made the tank stay cleaner and eliminated any pyramids but we had to watch the gauge close to prevent a back up into the lowest point (the tub).
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #22
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
Thanks yc1 does anybody have the manual for a single button model? I could not find a single valve or adjustment switch any where near the toilet
I was not aware of a single button model unless it is a marine version. Check the company site or call them. The two button model uses only the buttons and no external valves etc. Varying water pressures requires you to adjust each time when traveling with the two button model. I do like the extra water usage when connected to an rv park. Keeps things cleaned out.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I don't have an electronic copy of the manual but mine says there is an adjustment screw located on the back side of the switch panel.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #24

Thanks for the replies I know that we are dumping the entire tank based on the volume coming out and I have a see through flow. The tank is 100 percent full based on the RV gage then when I dump it is 0 percent.

I will remove the panel to see if there is a adjustment on the back side. All the manuals I read shows double button but I only have one with a indicator light.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #25

If I were you I would “calibrate” my level indicators so you know for sure what the total tank capacity is. How many gallons does it take to get to 1/3, 2/3, F and total full (overflowing) you may be surprised!

As an old Navy Submarine guy I detest the Sm, Med, LG (in relation to what?) size of soft drinks as well as the 1/3, 2/3 of "what" indication of our tank levels?
· Drain the tank, ensure that the indicator indicates “E” and with the normal flushing water supply “off”,
· Use a 2 gallon bucket and fill the tank (thru the toilet flush valve) one bucket full at a time, record the # of trips (x2) and the point when each of your indicator lights came ON. I know that that could be a large # of trips but, most of us could use the exercise!
I also did my Fresh water tank except that I started with a tank filled to o’flowing and drained out the water 2 Gal at a time recording when the level indicator lights went OUT.
I made a small chart showing all the numbers and mounted it above the indicator panel.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #26
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
I empty it on Friday and Sunday it was full with only three of us?
When we were boondocking we got at least 10 days on our 40 gal. tank and I put 5 Gals of water in when we dumped. We got more time by adding water before using than when we didn't. If you are only getting 2/3 days something is wrong, like posibly a buildup in the bottom of the tank.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #27

I like the bucket idea my read out is digital so no bars that's how I know with each flush it is moving 3 percent.

I will try the bucket test when I hook up again.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would recheck the bathroom sink and be sure it doesn't drain into the black holding tank as my 1/2 bath sink does, the sink in some coach models for single bath do also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water