Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #1

Winterizing a Residential Refrigerator with ice maker?

I just installed a GE GWE-19J in our Sunova 33c. I asked GE about what to do to winterize it and they would only tell me to call a service tech, they do not have any consumer information they make available to do the waterline winter preparation. I have a shut off between the under sink water filter and there is one between that filter and the refrigerator too when the waterline was connected to the refrigerator.

I was thinking that if I leave the filter on and keep the valves open I can use low pressure air to push the water out of the lines. Then shut off the valve and run the ice maker until no more ice is made and that will do the track?

Is that the the units equipped with Residential refrigerators do or suggest?
Just trying to get an idea of what to do.

May be I don't need to leave the filter in, just remove it and blow the water out to there then run ice-maker to remove all water between that filter and the refrigerator?

Thanks, GE is no help on this as they don't think of these being used in a RV application, they don't test them on inverters either so they couldn't suggest any thing about if a MSW inverter can be sued either.
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #2

I have an LG bottom freezer. I didn't know how to do it either. I searched here and on Google. First make a choice of using jus' air or air and antifreeze. I did both. The LG has a button on the ice maker that runs an ice cycle. Very handy. Maybe GE has something similar. A search will help w/that. Do you have an owners manual? Search for a manual thru Google?

My fridge does not have it's own filter, else I would have installed the bypass fitting.

What I did was attach a compressor at low pressure on the city water inlet and ran the ice maker manually until air flowed out. Then I removed the air and had the anti freeze line suck pink fluid using the water pump until I had pink fluid in the ice tray. Whole thing took 30 mins. Everything I learned was thru search.

Tags
refrigerator, residential refrigerator, winter