Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > CB & Ham Radio
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #29

Crazeee1, Is it out of fashion now to flash ICC lights to a MH after they signal with headlights that its clear to move over? The last two summers, we traveled for months thru BC and the western states; I always hit my headlights as a courtesy as a trucker passes, but out of 100 or so of these encounters, I'll bet I didn't get more than 5 'thanks' after they pulled in front. I'll still signal the truckers, just don't know if this is a new generation of truckers out there or if its just out of fashion?
Thanks!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:32 PM   #30

I'm sorry to say but I truly believe that it is the sign of the times. I've retired from driving 48 years. There isn't the closeness today. Unfortunately with the phones Qualcomm and other devices you don't count on other drivers anymore. Along with that went the road courtesy. Its called the me now syndrome. There are still some out there not as many.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #31

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyone View Post
I'm sorry to say but I truly believe that it is the sign of the times. I've retired from driving 48 years. There isn't the closeness today. Unfortunately with the phones Qualcomm and other devices you don't count on other drivers anymore. Along with that went the road courtesy. Its called the me now syndrome. There are still some out there not as many.
47 years watching bugs go splat for me, and Yes you are correct..... The bulk of the new drivers are nothing but seat warmers & steering wheel holders.....AND very few look at driving as a Profession or lifetime career .
sad
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I've used and still do use CBs. My nicest one is a Galaxy. It's the model a step up from the competing most common Cobra 29LTD.

I have noticed in the last decade that the truckers talking has reduced about 60% in my opinion, (except in certain areas) due to other technologies in use. I still like to have a CB though, and miss the former close knit CB days. Truck drivers thought I was a driver also, (unless they knew where I was), me knowing all the lingo and keeping each other out of trouble etc. It made the miles go by easy, and we had some good conversations.

I've been a fan of HAM since I was a kid. I used to listen to the operators on my scanner. I plan to finally take the exam and get my license and a nice radio.

As far as the trucker protocol of blinking lights to come back over etc.....I get thank you blinks all the time when in my 4 wheeler. But in my coach I only get thank you blinks 10% of the time compared. I have a theory, (RVing truckers here excluded), that a lot of truckers simply dislike RVers, motorhomes especially. I heard some say so. Wish it wasn't so, but....I believe it is.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #33

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I flash for truckers much of the time, when they pass. probably get a thanks from 1 in 5 drivers.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #34

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We are going with a caravan to Alaska this summer. I think having a CB was a recommendation for the trip.
diva51 is offline   Reply With Quote