Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > CB & Ham Radio
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Flytyer started a thread asking about interest in an iRV2 HF net. Several of us have agreed it would be a good idea.

Here is is the content of his original thread....

"Actually I have been thinking about trying to start a IRV2 net on either 40 or 20 mtrs or both. The nets I know about that have some sort of RV owner base seem to be only check in - check out operations. There is very little rag chewing or discussions about RVing.

What do you think?

04 Winnebago Sightseer, 35N w/Saturn Ion Toad
Ultrapower Upgrade
DIY Trac-Bar
Bilstein Shocks
Air Lift System
Doran Tire Monitor System

Amateur Radio - WB2LOU "

Since he started the thought process, we need to agree on a some frequencies to try and a time.

Also, if you want to pick up some of the Texas counties that are more difficult to get, the local Ham club sponsors a TQP, Texas QSO Party on September 29 and 30, the last full weekend in September. Several Texas clubs will be out in mobile units operating SSB and CW on several bands. You can get more info at W5NC. or TXQP

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Flytyer started a thread asking about interest in an iRV2 HF net. Several of us have agreed it would be a good idea.

Here is is the content of his original thread....

"Actually I have been thinking about trying to start a IRV2 net on either 40 or 20 mtrs or both. The nets I know about that have some sort of RV owner base seem to be only check in - check out operations. There is very little rag chewing or discussions about RVing.

What do you think?

04 Winnebago Sightseer, 35N w/Saturn Ion Toad
Ultrapower Upgrade
DIY Trac-Bar
Bilstein Shocks
Air Lift System
Doran Tire Monitor System

Amateur Radio - WB2LOU "

Since he started the thought process, we need to agree on a some frequencies to try and a time.

Also, if you want to pick up some of the Texas counties that are more difficult to get, the local Ham club sponsors a TQP, Texas QSO Party on September 29 and 30, the last full weekend in September. Several Texas clubs will be out in mobile units operating SSB and CW on several bands. You can get more info at W5NC. or TXQP

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #3

Any word yet on a time and freq for an IRV2 net?

We are in Saint Louis right now, not sure my rig would support enough Long Distance to prove as an adequate Net-control, but I would volunteer if needed.

Will there be any Ham's at the Noreaster's rally next month?

John
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll try to be on as follows this evening and will try Friday as well.

We should be able to find Tom, KE5NCP and Robert, KE5NWT if the great radio Gods behave today.

Ken
Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am sorry for not being on this lately, but I have been very busy with a environmental issue affecting one of our prime trout streams here in central PA. I guess that is the price for having many interests.

Anyway what has happened? Did someone suggest a common freq. ??
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #6

Im bouncing this back to the top...

Is there any interest in attempting a IRV2 HF net?

Time Place and Freq? If not, anyone want to Sked a time and see where it goes?

John
Old 03-25-2008, 05:28 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am willing to give it a chance.

How about 2100Z and 14.300Mhz +/- 5 ??
Old 03-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #8

Ted,

Why don't we start at 14.295, The intercon/MartimeMobil net is pretty active on 14.300...

I'll be there tomorrow at 16:00 central/21:00Z

John
Old 03-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
For us folks that still work, that is a bit early.

Ken
Old 03-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #10

Name your Time Ken! I can be flexible.

John
Old 03-26-2008, 03:02 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
John, where do you have the rig parked now-a-days? I'm home and ready to fire up the radio by about 7 to 8 PM central daylight time most days.

My dipole is down right now and running on the ground mounted vertical (HF9V) with 100 watts.

I'm about 30 miles NW of Houston.

Ken
Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #12

We're in Saint Louis at least till August. See what happens then, but we really want to get west... Hopefully there will be a nice fat contract somewhere west of here when August rolls around, otherwise, we might renew here for another year.

HF has been pretty hit and miss for me... Though I am not running much of an antenna. I have a ground mounted Solarcon that I picked up at a hamfest a month or so ago. Works pretty good on 20. I did make Mexico City last week, so Houston shouldn't be a problem if the radio gods cooperate. I gave up on my dipole because it picked up SO much noise. Part of that being because we are right downtown STL, and the other being that the only way I could string it up was across some power poles, which put the wire about 3 feet below the high voltage lines... The Solarcon is doing pretty good on the new rig, it was deaf as a doorknob on the 757, but I think the 757 had a receiver problem, it was never very sensitive. Most days now I can tune in the Martime Mobile Net with some success.

Ted, if it works for you, and since Ken is not able to make it until 7 central why don't we call it for that, and say 19:30 central or 00:30 Zulu, at 14.295, and if it is busy from down 5.

John
Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #13

Well, Lets try 14.305 since there is a CA station that's been yaking all day on .295

I'm listening now if anyone is around
John
Old 03-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was a bit late due to watching the Endevor landing at Kennedy Space Center.

20 mtrs is dead here in Florida...very weak sigs. Solar data indicates some blackout may occur due to minor magnetic storm.