Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > CB & Ham Radio
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #1

Programming Software for TYT TH-9800?

I have a TYT TH-9800 Quad Bander VHF/UHF mobile rig. It uses proprietary computer software to program. You enter freq/pl/split/offset etc into a spreadsheet type of file that is saved as a .dat file.

I just subscribed to RFinder so that I can easily find and download a file based on what area my GPS says I am located in.

My hope was to use RFinder to download the file, then upload that file into the TH-9800 programming software.

Problem is, RFinder can save its data file as a .csv or a .tpe file.

Has anyone else come across this challenge? Do you know of another software program that will bring in the freq data and then allow me to upload to the TYT as a .dat file?

Is there a workaround? I tried saving from RFinder as a .csv file and then save that file as a .dat file, but the fields don't map correctly.

Any help is appreciated.
herbsells is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #2

Chirp uses the .csv file format and they support the TH-9800 as well. It's free software that can be downloaded at:

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

It's been a real life saver since all these Chinese radios started cropping up a few years ago! Between my wife (K7SOC) and myself, we own several Bao-Fengs, an Anytone, a couple TYTs and a Jetstream. Chirp handles them all. All the documentation is readily available on the website.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:43 AM   #3

Thanks SilverBob. I had an older version of Chirp installed and it did not support the 9800, I downloaded the latest version and Voila, now all set ! Thanks for your reply!
herbsells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbsells View Post
Thanks SilverBob. I had an older version of Chirp installed and it did not support the 9800, I downloaded the latest version and Voila, now all set ! Thanks for your reply!
One of the handy features of Chirp is you can have the same channel load in multiple radios from different manufacturers...

Example: I have a Kenwood TM-V7 (dualband VHF-UHF), a Baofeng handheld (ditto), and a Yaesu VX8 handheld (triband). The first 60 channels in all 3 are identical. The Yaesu has some 220 channels from 60-75.