Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > CB & Ham Radio
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #1

RVing Ham's Net

I know there are a few RVing Hams out there and I was wondering if we had a RVing HF Net... No doubt we'd have plenty to jaw about. Cheers and 73 - George (KL7IEK)
nightstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2

Take a look at openroadsradio - I think it is .net but I'm not sure.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ham Radio Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstars View Post
I know there are a few RVing Hams out there and I was wondering if we had a RVing HF Net... No doubt we'd have plenty to jaw about. Cheers and 73 - George (KL7IEK)
I posted this on openroadsradio.net a while back: Open Roads Radio a forum for Ham / Amateur Radio and RV camping - View Single Post - RV Ham Nets

The only net I ever check into regularly is the RV Service Net, mostly because I like hearing where folks are camped out, but it's mostly just not-very-interesting weather reports. I wonder if an informal sched would allow folks to do more rag chewing?
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
FMCA has a net on EchoLink every Tuesday evening. The also have rallies.

FMCA Amateur Radio Chapter :: EchoLink

-Tom, W3TLN

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
The list I am posting here "used" to be active, I cannot say whether they are now active or not. Go look and see if they are any use to you. Otherwise disregard.

RV Service Net 40 meter 7.268.5 KHz LSB everyday 9:00 - 10:00 AM (PST)

RV Service Net 20 meter 14.307.5 MHz USB, everyday 2:00 - 3:00 PM (PST)

SAMS Hams Travel Net 20 meter 14.279 KHz USB everyday 3:30 - 4:30 PM (PST)

WBCCI RV Service Net 40 meter 7.191.0 KHz LSB everyday 4:00 - 6:00 PM (PST)

RV Radio Network 40 meter 7.265.0 KHz LSB everyday 5:00 - 6:00 PM (PST)
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipRD View Post
I posted this on openroadsradio.net a while back: Open Roads Radio a forum for Ham / Amateur Radio and RV camping - View Single Post - RV Ham Nets

I wonder if an informal sched would allow folks to do more rag chewing?
I would enjoy it... 73's George KL7IEK
Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #7

Well I've been keeping an ear on 40 and 20 and haven't run up on any RV nets, but I guess there are enough other nets to keep me talking. LoL Cheer George KL7IEK.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Well I've been keeping an ear on 40 and 20 and haven't run up on any RV nets, but I guess there are enough other nets to keep me talking. LoL Cheer George KL7IEK.
George -- I'm located not too far away from you (in LaGrange) and the RV Service Net pretty much booms in every morning at 7:00 and 8:00 ET. 7.191 MHz, and the check-ins seem to come from all up and down the east coast. More info is here: RV Service Net/Eastern-Central 40m Net: RV Service Net International » 40m Eastern/Central Net

73 Skip K4EAK
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Here is the URL to the WBCCI Ham Net page--

RV Service Net International » NET SCHEDULES

Here is the URL to the RV Radio Network Ham Net page (with some traffic/travel nets also listed)--

RV Radio Network - RV / Travel Related Nets

There are also some Cruising (boating) Nets where ex boating Hams now in RVs hang out.

Example-- Manana Net--

Manana Net Maritime Cruising Ham Radio Net

Let me know if interested and I can pass others along.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Safe travels and 73,

Roger K0YY ex W6SOT/MM2
rogerkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #10

There are several nets that use check ins to pass weather, travel, gas prices and BS in general.
You might check Southcars (South Coast Amateur Radio Service) on 7.251. Mostly east coast operators.
Midcars on 7.258 (Central US), Northcars (North US) on 7.197 and there are several other "cars" nets.
They operate all day long and pretty much 365 days. They change net controls every hour so if you don't hear one net control just wait until the top of the hour and you may get a better copy on the next one. Google Midcars and you will see a list of a number of nets listed.
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #11

years ago i made daily check-in's on the RV Service net 7.268.5 when i lived full time in an old TT. now i spend weekends camping with my little brother around BC. looking forward to finding this net again or others wanting to share a cup of the morning coffee over the HF bands.
installed a VHF/UHF crossband radio in the new TT and will soon install my old Icom HF rig.
i will start with a home made screwdriver antenna i built years ago and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad
Jeff 146.520

VE7JR 146.520
twojays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving