Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #29

Those that have the 10.5 CF Whirpool, how do you keep the doors closed when traveling?

Dan Martin, I get about the same numbers but will have to try turning it off at night. That should save about 30 AH per nite.
Harrysait is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysait View Post
Those that have the 10.5 CF Whirpool, how do you keep the doors closed when traveling?

Dan Martin, I get about the same numbers but will have to try turning it off at night. That should save about 30 AH per nite.

Mine is a Haier but very similar to the Whirlpool. Of course with it laying on it's back the doors don't come open anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	204094  
foretexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #31

Tim, never thought of that "lay the refer on its back" but not very convenient if you stop every night!
Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #32

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have ordered a DC compressor fridge that has 9.1 cf capacity yet fits in the space of my 6 cf Dometic AC/propane fridge. Works like a residential but uses a LOT less power. And it comes with latches on the doors.

Nova Kool RFU9000 9.1 CU FT DC Only Two Door Refrigerator & Freezer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I have ordered a DC compressor fridge that has 9.1 cf capacity yet fits in the space of my 6 cf Dometic AC/propane fridge. Works like a residential but uses a LOT less power. And it comes with latches on the doors.

Nova Kool RFU9000 9.1 CU FT DC Only Two Door Refrigerator & Freezer
Looks nice but I think you are looking at around 75 AH per day. At $1600 pretty pricey but it does run on 12 volts. No inverter needed.

My 10.5 cf Whirlpool uses about 80 AH/ day and cost about $400! Runs on 120 volts so needs an inverter. It fit in my old 8 cf Nocold space.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysait View Post
Looks nice but I think you are looking at around 75 AH per day. At $1600 pretty pricey but it does run on 12 volts. No inverter needed.

My 10.5 cf Whirlpool uses about 80 AH/ day and cost about $400! Runs on 120 volts so needs an inverter. It fit in my old 8 cf Nocold space.
You voided the warranty when you put yours in the RV, while the Nova Kool was designed specifically for boats and RVs. As for cost - I would have had to purchase an inverter also and many on IRV were highly recommending an expensive 1500 watt pure sine wave. I also have less space - 56”x23”.

When I considered all the facts, the Nova Kool seemed best for us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
If your talking about a full size like the very common Samsung RF 18, it can use 200+ Ah in 24 hours. Add that to your other usage and that would push your solar even further.

My system includes 4 golf cart batts at 440amps (220 usable), 600 watts solar, 2012 Magnum Pure Sine Inverter, and a Samsung RF 194 frig. If fully charged by 7 pm, I easily make it to morning with batts only down to 65% State of Charge. With good sun the system is easily back to full charge in about 5 hrs. (35% loss of 440 available amps is 154 amps lost. Panels put out 33 amps in full sun...5 hrs worth gives back 165...batts now full.).

Cloudy days are tougher...may need 2 hrs gen time to bring bats back to full before bed (...or by 10 pm which is quiet time in most campgrounds/parks.). If you are energy hounds (late night tv etc, etc., our batts will be lower by morning).

I think my system would meet your needs. Hope this helps.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Not the Wynn's. They had theirs under the steps and were actually outside.
Wheeling it had theirs in the closet. Their RV is up for sale actually.
I have mine in the inverter bay.
I agree with Smitty's numbers (I have same refer). My setup is working out well. I didn't really have a choice on lithium as I needed the extra AHs and weight savings to be able to boondock to my liking - besides hating the sound of a generator.
Computer Guy

My favorite bloggers have moved to France (Wheeling it) or boaters (Wynns and Technomadia). We shall be doing neither.

Friend of mine from LRRP in RVN is sailing about in a15 m catamaran with his wife. They made it to Malaysia and are apparently headed back. I was suggesting combining Wheeling it and the other two bloggers, Saill to France
Reed Cundiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, class a, fridge, gas, solar