Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Going Green
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #15

Water law is a major industry in the west with law suits between states, counties, cities etc. Our daughter's best friend is about 1st in her class at UNM Law School and graduates next year in water law. She asked me where water ran. I answered "uh, downhill?" The answer is "to money!"

The old railroad tunnel that is now part of the Hiawatha Trail bicycle trail has its apex exactly on the Idaho/Montana border so that the water that drips off the tunnel goes to the correct state. Water law is probably not a big deal in the US South East as there is plenty of water. It is a big deal out here. LA took all of the water rights of the eastern Sierra and is now taking water from north of San Francisco.

I doubt if anyone will pay attention to collecting water from a motorhome.

Reed and Elaine
Reed Cundiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is only illegal if you get caught.

I wonder what the fine is?
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Here is a link for the "Colorado Rainwater Collection and Gray Water Reuse laws". THAT'S RIGHT, they even govern the reuse of your gray water!

I have one of the exempt well-permits they mention, and we use rain-chains to collect rainwater from our roof. We then use the water for irrigating the landscape.

What I really want to know is when Colorado tells us we can no longer have access to the air we breathe, how the heck are we going to smoke the legal marijuana?

Rainwater Collection and Graywater Reuse

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #18

Your argument is with agri-business and the controls they have on water in the west. There have been shootouts between towns in the west over water rights and there were a number of folks killed in the Owens Valley when Los Angles got control of the water from the Owens River and the eastern streams of the Sierras. The irrigation reservoirs in the Sierras have rental row boats that are property of the Recreational Department of the County of Los Angles. As our daughter's friend who is in her last year of Law School with two summers of clerkship already in water law asked me "where does water run?" I answered, "uh, downhill." The answer was "No, to money." Money always decides public policy.
Reed Cundiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Instead of cumbersome steel drums, one can use collapsible rubber bladders that are portable.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water