Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
2013 Newmar Dutch Star Wows RV'ers at The Rally

July 11, 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

2013 NEWMAR DUTCH STAR

Nappanee, IN -- Newmar introduced its’ 2013 product line-up at the recently completed Good Sam Rally in Louisville, Kentucky and at the Newmar Kountry Klub Rally in Gillette,
Wyoming.

A design emphasis on bolder colors, and more eye appeal was welcomed by customers at both events.

Highlighting the product change was the total life-cycle redesign of the Dutch Star. One of Newmar’s best known brands, the Dutch Star features a new front cap with stainless steel grill and LED accent lighting. A new hood design with hidden hinges and a heavier duty windshield wiper system with more coverage area; highlight the change to the front of the new Dutch Star.

2013 Newmar Dutch Star Motorcoach

The rear cap has also been redesigned and features new automotive taillights with LED accents. Four distinct, exterior graphics choices allow customers to choose from a variety of colors. Each graphic includes five different colors with blended paint “fades.”

Interior improvements include three wood choices, hidden hinges on all cabinetry, and new designer mitered cabinet doors with glazing. Other interior features include polished porcelain tile with glass inserts, solid surface countertops and a new backsplash design with cut-glass. Additional interior upgrades include a feature ceiling added to the bedroom of all floor plans, and a soffit with standard halogen lighting added to the full wall slide floor plan.

2013 Dutch Star Interior and Galley

Several former options were made standard for the 2013 model year including, auto gen start, Weather Pro electric patio awning, Oasis power entry door awning and side view cameras.

The Dutch Star is offered in ten floor plans in 37’, 40’ and 43’ lengths. The 37’ features a 400 ISL Cummins on a Freightliner chassis, while the 40’ and 43’ feature a 450 ISL Cummins on the Freightliner. Highlights of several floor plans include the Flexsteel L-shaped Extenda –Flex sofa, a 46’ Sony television on an electronic powered mechanism, (televator), that raises or lowers the television from behind a sofa or a fireplace are included in some of the innovative floor plans.

2013 Dutch Star King Size Master Bedroom

“Prior to these rallies, all of us at Newmar were very excited about the all new 2013 Dutch Star. The results indicated our excitement was spot-on, as dealers and customers alike have shared their acceptance of the major changes,” according to Pat Terveer, Director of Luxury Sales, Product Planning and Design for Newmar. “We expect Dutch Star to experience a significant growth in sales based on early results,” Terveer added.

Established in 1968 Newmar is an innovator and leader in the RV manufacturing industry and recognized nationally for its excellence in quality. Newmar is privately owned and has a dealer network that spans across the United States and Canada. Newmar is located at 355 N. Delaware Street, Nappanee, Indiana.

NEWMAR: When You Know The Difference

NEWMAR CORPORATION
355 N. DELAWARE STREET
P.O. BOX 30
NAPPANEE, IN 46550-0030

For more in formation of the 2013 Newmar Dutch Star

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #2

I love it - Wonder how many years I will have to wait until somebody trades this in and I can buy it used. Like that the living area and kitchen seem more separate. Love all the tile. Looks really roomy and nice.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #3

Only in my dreams
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaram
I love it - Wonder how many years I will have to wait until somebody trades this in and I can buy it used. Like that the living area and kitchen seem more separate. Love all the tile. Looks really roomy and nice.
Me too! I'm hoping I can hang in long enough!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think I might start buying lottery tickets, chances of wining and owning that Dutch Star are about the same. Jim
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Yea. I like that idea!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

Not enough windows for me

It's a beautiful coach but not nearly enough windows on the passenger (campsite/awning side) for me. I want to see my own campsite not the neighbors. I'm just too fussy...... But RVJimmy should be happy that I like the one we have the best ..."so far"
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I want one
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
I bought the 3013 Dutch Star at the Louisville Rally

This was kind of weird reading these posts, but I'm the guy who bought the 2013 Display Coach at the rally. Not sure what got into me, but it seems like a nice enough coach. I sure didn't notice some things that I have to live with now. Like the lack of windows on the campside side!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeerw View Post
This was kind of weird reading these posts, but I'm the guy who bought the 2013 Display Coach at the rally. Not sure what got into me, but it seems like a nice enough coach. I sure didn't notice some things that I have to live with now. Like the lack of windows on the campside side!
I'll take it off your hands...no problem
Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I would like to extend to you a BIG iRV2.com Welcome!

Please come back and visit us often. Congratulations on the purchase of your new motorhome.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As you already noticed KRose already posted that it didn't have enough passenger side windows. Oh well it's still a greaaat coach. Have fun and safe travels. Jim
Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #13

Congrats on your purchase - looks pretty close to perfect to me. Safe travels. We'll be the ones green with envy you park next to.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
You can always remedy that with a jig saw and metal cutting blades seriously, welcome to IRV2 and many happy and safe miles on the new MH. It is beautiful!

Tags
newmar, rally