Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Camping World Terminates Agreement with Lazydays

RV D@aily Report
Greg Gerber, Editor

Camping World Terminates Agreement with Lazydays

BOWLING GREEN, KY. -- Camping World today announced the termination of its cooperation agreement with RV retailer Lazydays RV SuperCenter in Tampa, Fla., effective immediately.

Camping World, a Kentucky based company established in 1966, has officially notified Lazydays of its termination of the cooperation agreement that was signed by local Tampa entrepreneur and philanthropist Don Wallace in 1995. During the tenure of the agreement while Don Wallace owned Lazydays, this partnership not only benefitted both companies financially but also directly led to the creation of significant job placement for the greater Tampa community.

Since Don Wallace sold the Lazydays dealership in 2004, Lazydays has operated under two separate business owners. These changes to the company, established in 1976, caused business disruption and layoffs in excess of 100 employees and as a result Lazydays inevitably filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009, Camping World noted in a press release.

Camping World, which operates over 90 retail locations nationwide and employs 1,500 people, noted it has been a fixture in the Tampa market.

This story is continued .....

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
I read something just in the last few days that Camping World was looking to purchase an Nearby RV Dealer who has a 40 acre dealership very close to their Tampa store at LazyDays. They were talking about the new location and that they would be constructing 40 service bays and that they would be the largest RV dealer in Florida. I would like to see LazyDays get some serious competition

Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Most is true

In the Tampa paper last week, it said CW has bought Long View RV at exit 14 on I4. The current owner has 2 weeks to sell his units or move them to his northern store.
CW plans to add 40 repair bays at the about 17 acre site. The pres of CW said he didn't think there was any need to have two CW stores so close to each other. I think the new CW store is going to be about 20,000 sq ft.
The customers should be the winners in all of this...prices should come down.
CW is also going to buy a dealer out in Clear Water and Holiday, FL. They sure have deep pockets.

"Stay tuned for news at 11"
Steve Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
My wife and I looked a newer CC at Long View last year. They are very nice people and have a great store and some nice RV's priced right. I think they have been a family owned store for quite a few years.

The one thing I always liked about CW is that their RV prices are right out front. Even their web sites have the asking price. With LazyDays you never know until they know what you are trading in. Gives them some room to play with the prices. How could anyone refuse a full retail price on their trade??? NOT

Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
This is great news for the consumer. Competition and word of mouth does wonders. Being honest helps too. I wonder if they would also have a campground for customers!
This is also testimony to the strength of the rv market!
2013 f150 4x4, 2 pia horses! 2016 phaeton 40 ah and 2015 polaris sling shot
anotherone is offline   Reply With Quote