Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #15
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Look at the sorry cars the big 3 were building in the 1960's and 1970's before Honda and Toyota started shipping cars here. It made Detroit sit up and start to do a better job. Finally Ford and I believe Chevy both have cars that are close to the Hondas and Toyotas.

B4 that the little VW Beetle was crawling all over the Detroit Bosses and nobody woke up. I had such a hard time to keep our 67 Camaro on the road. Bought it Dec. 66 in El Paso.
KIA is hiring every top Designer and Engineer from Europe.
Some of GM's car look more like OPEL's and Vauxhall's. I would never even look at a RV from China. Has to be US or Canada.

TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe the animosity of Chinese products by many Americans is why the Chinese may have trouble finding dealers to sell their vehicles and stock parts.
But I imagine the Japanese originally had that problem too.
I still remember the TV announcer who was amazed that Ya-Ma-Ha had the nerve to bring a motorcycle from Japan to race against the Harley Davidsons, BSAs and Triumphs. He said he doubted he would see them again.

'05 Damon Daybreak, 3270 on '04 P-32 Workhorse
Parker, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by TW View Post
Some of GM's car look more like OPEL's and Vauxhall's.
Opel and Vauxhall were part of GM Europe - they may still be, but I'm not sure since GM's bankruptcy as they sold off a number of their international brands (example - Saab sold to Spyker).

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I may be wrong on this but I thought I had read somewhere that someone was involved with a Chinese car maker and was looking to start import next year!
Why is it that we can do business with the Chinese but I still can't buy a good Cuban cigar in this country?

I feel it an honor to drive my american made motorhome
Amen to that!
Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #19
I remember reading about a Chinese pick-up truck that is slated to be sold here.
The Chinese can make some good stuff if they want.
Still think this is the last thing we need here.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club
Maybe they will build a 8.1 GM clone motor for their motorhomes. Of course they would have to pass emissions standards.

2015 Tiffin Bus 37AP
2016 Ford Explorer
"A Job Begun is Half Done"
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
I try to purchase "made in USA", I really do. I look at labels, I do my research, but it is getting harder and harder. Although I would never purchase a MH constructed in China, there are many people who would, purely because cost would enable them to enter into RVing. If American manufacturers keep their collective heads in the sand it will only be a matter of a short time before overseas companies enter the USA market. American manufacturers need to improve their quality control, they need to assume primary responsibility for the components they install (large and small) and they need to honestly stand behind their products. As for globalization, many of the components are now manufactured overseas. You only need to follow the threads on Workhorse, Norcold, Dometic, and windshield seals to see that today's manufacturers are not endearing themselves to the marketplace.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 AM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
china motorhome

very well writtten response. i believe MH mfgs. should put more attention to quality.

boyce and lisa
06 meridian39k
06 jeep unltd tow
pawpawboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #23
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
kalynzoo,,, Couldn't agree more!
Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I like all the pro-American loyalists here, I support our economy. Thanks everyone.

puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #25
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok .... I mumbled thru this complete article and came to a conclusion that I did not see mentioned in the article.
Honda and Toyota and BMW and other ''foreign cars'' are made here in the USA. By American Workers. Honda Goldwing motorcycles are made in the USA in Marysville Ohio unless I am mistaken.

I agree that we should buy American to preserve American Jobs but look at your computer...... Where was it made..... look at your sneakers, shirt, underwear, sox and a thousand other things you have and see how much has ''Made in the USA'' stamped anywhere on it. About the only thing made in the USA now is Beer, Baseball games and Hookers.

I yield the soap box.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Some of the early "C" class Tioga's were built on Toyota Truck Bodies and you still see them on the road.

If you buy any car today it's partly made in another country, just can't avoid the global thing.

1999 Tradewinds 7372 Cat 3126
Albuquerque, NM
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #27
Just what we need here in the US, more junk from China. I guess we could use the poor quality nuts, bolts, & tools they make to fix the poor quality MH from China. My son-in-law bought a cheep atv from China for my grandson and for that cheep price he got cheep quality junk he can't get parts for now for it sits out back behind the garage.

As for all the globalization, do you want fries with that?
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #28
Monaco Owners Club
Buy American!! We need the jobs.

Bugzme is offline   Reply With Quote

china, chinese rv, horvath, yutong bus