Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Foriegn mh

I hope I do not see Chineese or Mexican motor homes in our borders. I am sure a lot of the parts are being made there now. Such as ford diesel engines were made in Indy and now they are are made in Mexico. I wonder who will buy all this stuff in mass quantities. I sure am glad to be retired, I think?
sac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Summer- Lake Diefenbaker, SK; winter- Westbay Marine Village, Victoria, BC
Foreign cars that are assembled in the USA and Canada send their PROFITS back to their homelands. The salaries are a wash. If their customers bought cars built by North American manufacturers instead, the same workers would get paid.

So when one of our citizens earns a living in the USA or Canada and then supports some other nation, they are harming our local economies.

Guess why we are in recession just now?
jim.smithjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I wouldn't buy one just on principle. Who know what they have used as a basis for the parts-----mechanical or in the house
Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chinese made cars, mainly SUVs were sold in the US back in the 90s. They were basically a "grey market" enterprize but some were sold and they were junk. Now our "Bail Out Buddies", GM and Chrysler are preparing to market Chinese automobiles in the US. GM will be bringing the Buick LaCrosse made in China and, currently, if you look under the hood of the Chevy Equinox, you'll find a Chinese engine. Chrysler has been working closely with Chery in China for several years to bring a low cost car to the US. I guess our tax dollars given to these guys are ending up "over there".
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #33

The Chinese Motor home would feel right at home in a Wal-Mart parking lot.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
The Chinese Motor home would feel right at home in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

My thoughts exactly! Just try to purchase a product (other than foods or drugs) at Wally World that was made in the USA. Almost an impossibility.
Jodann
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
at Wally World that was made in the USA. Almost an impossibility.
That is one reason plus others that I will never step foot in one or use their lot, not even in an emergency!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
My thoughts exactly! Just try to purchase a product (other than foods or drugs) at Wally World that was made in the USA. Almost an impossibility.
Jodann
check your food and drugs as well
i always try to buy american but its tough
my last mustang was built in a mazda plant ,german engine,french xmission
brianj
Old 11-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #37

Wal-Mart sells what the folks want to buy. If they didn't, they would go under and somebody else would be selling the cheap foreign stuff to willing American buyers. Similar items for just about everything they sell can be found elsewhere. It is just that Americans choose to buy the cheaper stuff. Is this Wal-Mart's fault or the fault of the Americans buying their goods?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
It is just that Americans choose to buy the cheaper stuff
Exactly! That's one of the major problems with America. Americans are CHEAP and have become a Throw Away Society!
I am not a Global person and will never support a Global society, America is and will always be No#1 to me.
It's tough to buy American but I do my best to do so!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #39

"It's just that Americans choose to buy the cheaper stuff"

That's NOT always true. One of my last big ticket purchases was a flat screen TV. Did research to find one made in USA. Results: none available!!

If you really want to become depressed just log on to "Still made in the USA.com" The choices are very limited.

Just as an aside, I made a donation to a Veterans organization - I don't quite remember which one, but it was nationally recognized org. - & I received an American flag in return for donation. One guess as to where it was made. Yep, that's right, China. GOOD GRIEF !!!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
Just as an aside, I made a donation to a Veterans organization - I don't quite remember which one, but it was nationally recognized org. - & I received an American flag in return for donation. One guess as to where it was made. Yep, that's right, China. GOOD GRIEF !!!
jodann, "This is something that we should address with those organizations that buy hundreds or thousands of US flags in a year"

It was either the VFW or the America Legion ... regradless these organizations should be buying US flags made in the USA.

Product Description
Embroidered stars and sewn stripes...the Nylon I Flag is our success story! We built our reputation on this flag. It combines the beauty of a fully embroidered star field with the highest quality nylon fabric and color matched thread for a beautiful flag that will fly smoothly in the lightest breeze.

Uncommon USA, Inc., believes in the "highest quality" and "Made In The USA" when it comes to Old Glory. Our USA Flags that we offer to you have a combination of the highest quality components and state-of-the-art manufacturing to give you the best looking and most durable flags in the industry.

The construction begins with the finest fabrics. The assembly of each flag has a full 1/4" turn on all seams, a chain stitch for all horizontal seams (it makes the flag stronger), along with a lock stitch for all edge hems.

Fly hems are finished with four rows of lock stitching and reinforce at the top and bottom of flags up to 6'x10'. Flags 8'x12' and above feature an X-box at each horizontal seam. The heading material for all flags is made of a heavy duty nine ounce material along with heavy duty brass grommets on flags up to 6'x10'. Hardware on 8'x12' and above are provided with heavy duty chrome D-rings for maximum flying strength.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #41

Hi All, Since we've strayed far from the original subject matter (Chinese motorcoachs) if anyone is still interested why not continue under the "Just Conversation" heading? It would be more appropriate, me-thinks. Jodann
Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You can definitely run a US built motorhome in China.

China Motorhome
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, chinese rv, horvath, yutong bus