Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #15

I am not sure about any "win win " until all the cards are on the table.
I watched Monaco purchase, HR, then Beaver and then Safari .......
Something usually gives, then goes ......
Monaco owners better hold their breaths, IMHO
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwalpole View Post
Come on people, the glass is half full, not half empty. Us Monaco owners have been through some trying times, this has to be some positive news. Navistar is trying to get back on it's feet. I think this is a win win situation for everyone. Good luck to every one.
It's only a win-win if Fleet wood doesn't "down build" the Monaco/HR products... Not trying to rain on anybodies parade, but I looked at Fleet wood and American Coach (along with a bunch of other brands) and chose Monaco because of it's build quality. I just helped a buddy of mine pick out a coach last month. He went down to Tom Johnson set on buying an American Coach (2008) however, after looking at the A/C and then comparing it to a HR Navigator (2007) he bought the Nav....Again, not trying to start a war on which coach is better, just stating my MHO...
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think its great news! Just my $.02
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Funny. Ironic. Payback's a B.

The DW and I were looking at several Monaco coaches and when the sales douche found out we had a Bounder he made several rude, crude, and disparaging comments about Fleetwood in general and Bounders specifically. (That dealership went out of business a few months later)

Now they're going to be step-sisters! It's like daddy got re-married and chose the girl from the wrong side of the tracks!
I like it!!!!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Looks like everything is working out A-OK for everyone. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #20

LOL. I guess the sunny side would be if they bought Navistar RV so they could teach Fleetwood something, anything about what quality is. Cause they have no idea.

Interested to know what the purchase price was or terms. I suspect very low, if not a stock swap or some kind of debt assumption.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Decreasing competition is never a good thing, IMHO.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Only time will tell how this pans out for us. I just hope they do as well with building coaches moving forward as Navistar did.

Our new Diplomat so far has been, great, we have had a few minor issues, but nothing I couldn't easily fix myself.

On our initial walk through the only thing we could find was a scratched toilet seat lid.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
My question would be, does this include the roadmaster chassis and if so will they use them on their Fleetwood and American line? Could we see Monaco and HR on Freightliners? Here's hoping this is not the end of the RV Roadmaster Chassis.
tbfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
I just hope I can still get parts and support for my 08 Monaco.

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #25

Just my honest opinion but anything is better than selling out to a company only interested in breaking it down for a quick profit. SVC is a strong company with some impressive numbers and products! Fleetwood and AC have had there share of problems 4-5 years ago. Since SVC has acquired them FW and AC have been renewed and is strong as ever. You will hear of John Dreyheim and he is a down to earth person with the future in his vision. He's and his associates are welcome back in our coach anytime. We need to look at this as plus for all involved. Tell him you know Muffin!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #26

I could care less about the vultures at Navistar but am pleased that it was sold to the parent company of FW. You may remember that when they bought FW all MH warranties were honored and unlike Navistar they paid all the suppliers. FW continues to provide tech support for all the older MH's and stocks parts as well. I would bet that the chassis will remain a Roadmaster( if Roadmaster was included). I would also bet they will dump that Navistar powerplant and return to the industry standard. I see this as good news for all of us. BTW: There is nothing wrong with the Powerbridge chassis.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #27

I also know and met the chief designer for Freightliner, He was at the Shawnee Ok. FMA Rally two years ago. He was hired away from Freightliner by SVC. This explains why American Coach's are built on FL chassis now.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Latest shoe has fallen.....................

VIDEO 2: ASV Moving Monaco, HR Production | RV Business

Ron

Tags
fleetwood, navistar