Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The 2008 Winnebago Voyage and Itasca Sunrise 32H –a new full wall side floorplan for a full living area!

If you're looking for an innovative new floorplan with an abundance of space, the new 32H found on the 2008 Winnebago Voyage and Itasca Sunrise is the one for you. The double slide 32H has a large full side slide – in fact the length is 23 feet 8 inches – which extends the lounge, galley and wardrobe and chest of drawers in the bedroom. The 32H also features new basement construction with rotocast compartments and a thicker floor with integrated furnace plenum. A highlight of the lounge is an innovative U-shaped dinette in the slideout, with a comfortable sofa across the coach. The entertainment center sits rearward of the main entrance door and features a 27-inch TV. The bedroom is especially roomy, with the second slideout extending the rear bed. A 20-inch LCD TV is yet another highlight in the bedroom area.

The 2008 Voyage and Sunrise also offer four additional floorplans that range in length from 33- to 38-feet. Other new features found on the 2008 Voyage and Sunrise lineup include a new dash AM/FM stereo that includes a CD player and front auxiliary input for a mp3 player, optional deluxe full body paint, TV upgrades, Corian countertops and new furniture styles for a dramatic look on the inside. These gas-powered Class A motor homes have it all!

For more information on the 2008 Winnebago Voyage and Itasca Sunrise, visit our website at Winnebagoind.com.

38th Annual Winnebago-Itasca Travelers Grand National Rally a Success!

Nearly 1,500 motor homes came home to Forest City, Iowa for the week long Winnebago-Itasca Travelers Grand National Rally held recently. This ultimate tailgate party brought Winnebago Industries owners from all 48 continental United States and Alaska and several Canadian provinces! A good time was had by all!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Annual Winnebago Rally

Has Winnebago discontinued the annual rally in Iowa?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Gosh, I hope not. I sent in my registration, a check, and I reserved a golf cart.

The Grand National Rally in Forest City, Iowa runs from July 19 through the 24 th. Go to the WIT page on the Winnebago website for details.

You should have gotten a registration booklet from WIT if you are a member. You can call Winnebago, 800-643-4892, Ext. 1.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 04-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Bob:

Thanks for the heads up. We bought a 2005 Class C Winnie Aspect about a year ago. My wife needs to learn how to drive it. I understand the rally includes such training for wives.

On another issue, I notice you are pulling a Jeep and using the Brake Buddy. I too have a Jeep (09 Wrangler X) and have just purchased a Brake Buddy. I have not put it on yet since the Jeep towing guidelines require you to unhook the battery (-) and the Brake Buddy needs power. Do you have a similar situation with the Liberty and if so how did you get around it.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Comgratulations on the Aspect. It is one of the nicest Class C mtorhomes that I've seen.

With regards to the Liberty, the problem is the ignition/steering wheel lock. The Owner's Manual says to disconnect the negative terminal to keep from discharging the battery because you have to unlock the ignition by turning the key to the first position, and that turns on alot of the electronics. However, I found out (from other posts on the forum) that the steering wheel lock is only installed on Liberties with the manual transmission. I have an automatic, and there is no lock. Therefore, I can leave the switch in the off position and remove the key. If your Wrangler has an automatic, try turning the steering wheel with the key out. If it turns without locking, then you don't need to disconnect the battery.

If you do have a steering wheel lock, then you will need the disconnect. I'd purchase a 12 volt DC outlet from Radio Shack and find a way to get the wiring through the firewall to the battery. Connect it to the battery with the negative connection ahead of the disconnect switch. It's not very hard. On the Luberty, there is a grommet in a hole on the left side of the firewall. I went through that. I think that the grommet was for the clutch pedal. Make sure that you include a fuse in the positive side of the socket circuit. If you have to drill a hole through the firewall, make sure nothing is on the other side, and get a grommet to fill the hole so that the wire does not get frayed and you don't have an open hole into the engine compartment - cold and fumes.

As long as you are going to Radio Shack, get one of the multiple outlet sockets, and you'll have a few extra 12 volt sockets for cell phone chargers, GPS units, etc. I needed it because, my Liberty came with only one 12 volt DC socket in the whole car, and it turned off with the key. The manual said that the service department could "modify" the socket to stay on continuously. In the fuse compartment, which is under the hood on the Liberty, there is a 20 amp fuse that can be in one of two positions. Moving the fuse to the other position made the outlet live all the time.

However, it will be dead when you disconnect the battery.

That's probably more than you wanted to know. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have some other questions.

W8RLM - Bob