Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Conway, SC
Major Product Push from Dicor Corporation Continues at 2011 RVIA Trade Show
Major product push from Dicor Corporation
continues at 2011 RVIA trade show
‘Fun booth’ highlights the changing face of well-known industry supplier
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A new super sealant, remote controlled shades (including stunning camouflage styles), a simpler Euro-cabinet build system, lighter and brighter motorized steps, TPO flooring that can take a caustic chemical bath, and stronger composite wall panels that can withstand a bowling ball drop from 30 feet, among other things (see video of it at www.dicor.com. Click on “Videos From The Science Lab” in the left column). These are some of the new and riveting products the Dicor Corporation will have on display at the National RV Trade Show Nov. 29 to Dec. 1. This is the second year of a major product expansion that has seen a record number of new products from Dicor Corporation’s affiliated companies.
“We’re really changing the face of Dicor Corporation with the wealth of product solutions we’ve put on the table. They’re all aimed at creating better solutions and experiences for RV manufacturers, dealers and consumers,” said Dwayne Nickel, marketing director for Dicor Corporation.
“For more than 25 years we’ve been principally known for our rubber roof and wheel products. Today we’re putting our long-standing reputation for service, quality and reliable products behind a number of new product lines. These are all tested and proven offerings, and provide simple, innovative products that customers can have confidence in.”
Major investment in new products
Dicor Corporation ramped up its commitment to RV quality considerably last year with a multi-million dollar investment in a high-tech, proprietary system for manufacturing composite wall panels called Vixenite, which will bring a new dimension of rugged stability and quality to the RV structure (again, see the video).
Since then, Dicor Corporation has added five new websites, new management personnel and more new products to further expand its operations. This past summer, the Dicor Corporation was named one of 43 Indiana “Companies to Watch” — mid-sized firms that experts see as primed for rapid growth, with the potential to significantly contribute to the state’s economic development.
Product highlights at this year’s Dicor Corporation booth (No. 236, North Wing Lobby, Hall 2A) will include:
• Dicor Corporation affiliate Seal Design will feature its trio of super sealants with a new nitrogen-infused version of its Seal-Tite™ caulk and putty replacement for exterior windows, doors and hatches. Seal-Tite is a hot-melt, automotive quality sealant that is highly durable and can be very quickly and precisely applied with a hot gun or robotically, with no spill out or waste. It doesn’t harden, crack, or otherwise deteriorate over time. The infused nitrogen spreads it out farther and helps it fill the tiniest gaps for air or water leakage, while retaining its durability.
• United Shade will again display an extensive array of window coverings, including motorized cargo screens and the only camo-style shades available for RVs — if you really want to make a statement! United Shade will also highlight the advancement of roller shades and motorized shades with a continuously running motorized shade display.
• Dicor Corporation affiliate Dicor Products will feature new Euro-style cabinet panels under its Innova™ name. The door panels are designed to work in modular fashion with existing cabinet material to simplify the design-build process for manufacturers in creating popular Euro-style looks for RVs. The panels are also exceptionally lightweight, aiding design options and fuel savings.
• Dicor Aftermarket will introduce a new primer and coating system for fiberglass RV roofs and a Rust Inhibitor Metal RV Roof Primer for its metal roof coating system. Along with this, all of Dicor Products’ aftermarket roof coatings, sealants and repair offerings have received a makeover in their packaging, including the new face of “Rudy the Roof Guy” with its product to communicate the kind of helpful, friendly support that stands behind each roof-related offering.
• Assisting the trend toward smaller, lighter RVs and RV features are new motorized single-slider steps for smaller motorhomes. The 17-inch steps extend straight out from a small, barely noticeable casing directly under the RV floor, which fits in well with today’s sleek motorhome designs. LED lights embedded in the step’s grip strip are an option. A manual version is also available.
Some ‘Altered Reality’ fun and more
Along with new products, show goers should be prepared for some “Altered Reality” at the Dicor Corporation booth. This could also be called “fun with holograms” (participants can download an app!) and is just one part of Dicor Corporations’ entertaining booth display that includes experiments and videos demonstrating product features, such as the effects of caustic chemicals on TPO flooring vs. competitive products.
“Last year we found that a lot of people liked our booth just as a place to hang out,” said Nickel. “So we decided to make it a little more fun and entertaining with the holograms and videos. We’ll also have a bit of fun with Dicor Corporation history. So we hope more people will come and hang out this year.”
“Last summer, our launch of five all-new websites for Dicor Corporation and its affiliated companies showed our continuing commitment to ramp up our marketing and communications in a major way. Each affiliate site contains an extensive product catalog, including specifications and installation instructions. This ongoing commitment to growth exemplifies our confidence in the RV industry and its future. We think things are only going to get better and we intend to play a leadership role in making that happen.”
For more information about Dicor Corporation and its affiliated companies, visit http://www.dicor.com.
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member