Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
MCD Anniversary at New Facility

MCD Anniversary at New Facility

8/30/2011- McKinney, TX - MCD Innovations, manufacturer of the American Duo™ Day/Night Shade System and the American Solo™ Day or Night Shade System reached another milestone in the Company’s eighth year. It is the One-Year Anniversary at the new MCD campus in McKinney, Texas.

The 9.6 acre, 50,585 SF facility is where MCD houses their design, manufacturing, assembly operations, office staff, and research and innovation group, as well as the material cutting area and metal and plastic fabrication shops. In addition, the MCD campus has an enjoyable 13-site RV staging/parking area where owners of RVs being retrofitted with MCD shades can stay while at the facility and live in their unit while the updating process is taking place. 50-Amp power is provided at each site. A meeting/patio area overlooking a small pond is provided for customers’ use as well as a 150-foot-long covered porch with seating to enjoy the Texas weather.

MCD also has a full line of wheel covers, mirror bras and covers, vent and skylight covers and an innovative screen door pull-up shade. Of course, all MCD products are proudly ‘Made in U.S.A.’ and all are made within the state-of-the-art facility.

For more information on the MCD American Duo™ shade system and MCD Innovations, visit their website at http://www.mcdinnovations.com.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #2

"Been There, Done That!"

Great product, great service, great people!!!

I had my entire '09 Journey equipped with Duo Shades. Best "bang for the buck" I have spent on the motor home!!!!

I had them installed at their plant in April. My only regret was waiting until April, if I had done it earlier, I would have been happier sooner and longer!
I show them off every chance I get!!

stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Can you tell me the cost? I'm getting a bid from Lazyday's for my coach this Thursday. I asked for two bid's, the cockpit separate and the whole coach Any help will be appreciated!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
Can you tell me the cost? I'm getting a bid from Lazyday's for my coach this Thursday. I asked for two bid's, the cockpit separate and the whole coach Any help will be appreciated!
Please call Peggy direct at MCD for a bid or directions to an alternate dealer .... there are also other vendors for MCD depending on where you are located in the country if you require them to be installed. I believe that Lazy Days is the largest MCD distributor/installer in the country.

On-line ordering is also available as well.

You can also install these yourself; I did.

Peggy Grich
MCD Innovations
3303 N. McDonald Street
McKinney, TX 75071
pgrich@mcdinnovations.com
972-548-1850
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5769.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	13434  
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks DriVer, I'll give them a call. If anyone else has a cost they paid I'd be interested as I'd prefer not to install the cockpit myself.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
Thanks DriVer, I'll give them a call. If anyone else has a cost they paid I'd be interested as I'd prefer not to install the cockpit myself.
Unless you are very very good and a dealer I don't think that MCD will let just anyone install a power DUO unit for the windshield. The A pillar covers need to be removed and there's a lot of work involved not to mention how wide and heavy the unit must be. This piece has got to be done right the first time.

I did have an opportunity to use the power MCD windshield shade back in 2010 and it's awesome! One of our very good friends took delivery of a new motorhome with the same shade installed. At the time I took a short video with my camera and sent it to him.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We had the powered duo-shade installed for our coach's windshield. Ours was 1 piece & with the unwieldly-ness of that critter, the small space up & behind the front cabinets in which to work as well as snaking the wires through the A pillar & hooking up to a new switch on our dash, I'm glad we had a professional do it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote