Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Arrow Monaco RV Debuts New Products at Dealer Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Monaco RV Debuts New Products at Dealer Congress

COBURG, ORE. ( August 2, 2010) – Monaco RV, one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of recreational vehicles, held their annual Dealer Congress July 28-29 in Lombard, Illinois to a respective body of current dealers as well as prospective dealers. The two day event included a General Session where executives from Monaco RV and its parent company Navistar walked attendees through the newly established Navistar approach to quality and product development and showcased the breadth of Navistar resources and reconfirmed their commitment to the RV sector. A product display of each of Monaco RV’s brands: Monaco, Holiday Rambler and R-Vision, was held at Navistar’s historic Melrose Park Engine Plant. The product display was highlighted by two brand new product unveilings, the Monaco Vesta and R-Vision Onyx.

The Vesta is the first motorcoach jointly developed by Monaco and Navistar. “The Vesta is the first fully vertically integrated coach. We’re the only manufacturer that can boast engine, chassis and box developed in tandem,” said Kay Toolson, president, Monaco RV. “We’re taking the motorcoach to the next level with the most aerodynamic, ergonomic and fuel efficient coach ever produced.” According to Navistar design engineer, Dave Allendorph, “With breathtaking styling, the Vesta is fun to look at, but even better, it’s an RV that’s fun to drive.” Allendorph described the Vesta as the motorcoach that sets a new Monaco brand image.

The sleek aerodynamic front engine coach was developed through vigorous engineering, ergonomic and wind tunnel testing available through Navistar resources. The Vesta will be built on Monaco’s proprietary Roadmaster chassis equipped with a 260-hp MaxxForce 7 engine, vertically integrating chassis, engine and house from one manufacturer. The 32 and 36 foot model Vesta is due out this fall, along with the Holiday Rambler Trip, another Navistar and Monaco RV collaboration due out this winter.

The interior of the Vesta is highlighted by custom designed ultra-leather furniture, ceramic tiles, deco accents and unique radiused hardwood cabinet styling. The Vesta boasts an impressive 162 cubic feet of exterior storage along with family friendly floor plans.

“One of Vesta’s key objectives was to take our Roadmaster chassis to the next level in ride and handling characteristics,” according to Pat Carroll, Vice President of Product Development for Monaco RV. “ We achieved that goal by engineering a low floor, low center of gravity chassis, 38” wide frame rails with responsive air ride suspension along with air brakes, which completely eliminates body roll and wandering. Vesta has unmatched maneuverability due to the short front overhang and wheelbase enabling a true 50 degree wheel cut.”

The lightweight Onyx travel trailer by R-Vision also introduced at Dealer Congress features a bold Euro-contemporary and aerodynamic design. Two-tone cabinets with glass inlays and arched rounded fascia distinguish the interior of the unit. The Onyx is packed with many standard amenities, including AC, a manual awning, 30-pound propane tanks, tinted safety glass windows, enclosed shower surround, solid surface countertops, a 46” dinette, and roller bearing cabinet drawer guides. Available Onyx options include electric tongue jack with light, power jacks, power awning, exterior entertainment center, 26” swivel TV entertainment center.

“Our focus at R-Vision since 1995 has been our lightweight construction and maximum towability of our units. The Onyx is no exception,” according John Fisher, National Sales Manager for R-Vision. “We have taken the lightweight Onyx to the next level, by offering a new bold Euro-contemporary design that consumers are seeking today. With the engineering and product development resources available through Navistar, the Onyx is just the beginning of what is to come from R-Vision and Monaco RV.”

About Monaco RV, LLC
Monaco RV, LLC, a Navistar company, is a manufacturer of motorized and towable recreational vehicles. Headquartered in Coburg, Oregon, with substantial manufacturing facilities in Indiana, Monaco RV is dedicated to quality and service and offers innovative RVs designed to meet the needs of a broad range of customers with varied interests. Monaco RV offers a variety of products that appeal to RVers across generations, from entry-level priced towables to custom-made luxury models. For additional information about Monaco RV, LLC please visit www.monacorv.com.

About Navistar
Navistar, Inc., the operating company of Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV), produces International® brand commercial vehicles, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses, Monaco RV brands of recreational vehicles, and Workhorse® brand chassis for motor homes and step vans. It also is a private-label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. The company also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Additional information is available at www.navistar.com.

#
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vesta Exterior.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	4859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vesta Interior.jpg
Views:	1464
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	4860  

Name:	Vesta- Monaco_Navistar.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	4861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vesta Revealed.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	4862  

Name:	ext_onyx_575.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	4863   Click image for larger version

Name:	int_onyx_B-Front_007.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	4865  

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #2

I really like the way this new "Vesta" looks and now I'm anxious to see the Holiday Rambler "Trip" and compare these two front diesels w/air-ride suspension to the upcomming Tiffin 32' "Breeze" w/2 slides, air-ride suspension, and a diesel pusher. Both come with the Navistar MaxxForce 7 6.7L TD, but the Tiffin's version is detuned compared to the Monaco/Holiday Rambler offerings. Love seeing new stuff! Bagman.
Bagman061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First of all, DriVer, thank you for posting all the new stuff that you do!

But second, I just hate those "European" round single sinks! Has anyone, who designed these, ever washed dishes?

Most of the time that are so danged little as to be too small for any type of cleaning.

Those of you, who have them, how do you wash your dishes and what are the advantages of them?

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
First of all, DriVer, thank you for posting all the new stuff that you do!
Shelia,
Old 08-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #5

I would think it is easier to wash a round plate in a round sink. There would be less wasted space and less water used. This is only my guess since I do not do dishes.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
I would think it is easier to wash a round plate in a round sink. There would be less wasted space and less water used. This is only my guess since I do not do dishes.
Bill, That's right! Pi R Round!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #7

We all use round plates for a square meal.

When I proprosed to my wife I said I would not do dishes. I washed my way through college and thouoght I had done enouogh dishes. She accepted anyhow. I have done them 3-4 times though in 51 years. When she had chemo & radiation I did a lot of dishes and even laundry. I hired someone for the lawncare because she couldn't stand in the window and tell him how to do it.

Tags
maxxforce7, monaco, navistar, onyx, vesta