Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wh and Damon might have a great idea there.
Any more pics of it? It looks like an almost full size Cl A but it must not have much CCC left especially if it has a slide.
Hopefully Damon and WH can keep the cost in line, not like the overpriced sprinter package
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is a nice looking MoHo
http://rvbasics.com/rv-press-release...Motorhome.html
And it does have a small slide
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
jdsr, no one here is comparing a Mercedes automobile to a class A motor home. Obviously you don't know what a "Sprinter" is! It is a large delivery cargo van built by Freightliner, a division of Daimler-Benz and marketed by Freightliner and Dodge. Many class C's and class B's use this "Sprinter" chassis. Therefore, one is comparing a "Sprinter" motor home chassis to another motor home chassis. I was waiting for someone else to explain this to you, but they didn't, so I did! Best wishes, Bagman57.... PS: Good job with the pic Max!
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #18

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Quote:
Originally posted by max49:
Wh and Damon might have a great idea there.
Any more pics of it?

An Avanti flyer(.pdf) is available here. Or visit Damon's Avanti website here.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Explore America, thank-you so much for the Avanti linx. Actually, I like the floor plan. It would definitely work for an active couple that loves to tavel and wants more space than what is offered in a 24' "Sprinter" based class C! Chuck/Bagman57
Old 08-27-2008, 03:19 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Looks a lot like a downsized version of the Rexhall that we haven't seen much about.

By the way what happened to our signatures? They don't seem to be posting.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:47 AM   #21

the VT275 is a darn fine engine and 440 ft/lbs from a V6, diesel or not, is quite impressive.
parts_expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:52 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bob, I think the shape of the new Rexhall is even more aerodynamically shaped. Because the Rexhall has a more aero nose, the awning is recessed into the side wall, and it has less body seams. But, this innovation from Damon is a good thing and hopefully it will make the other motor home manufacturers open up their eyes and get creative! Bagman57.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Bob, I think the shape of the new Rexhall is even more aerodynamically shaped.
CHUCK: That may be true, but the Damon is apparently "more" aerodynamic due to its lower, narrower profile. I can't comment about the additional "drag" the Damon may have because of the awning NOT being recessed like it is on the Rexhall. Having seen the Rexhall, I can tell you there is nothing "small" about it! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 AM   #24

Quote:
By the way what happened to our signatures? They don't seem to be posting.
BOB: I THINK they are not "on" due to this thread originating in RV INDUSTRY NEWS forum. Signatures appear in "most" of the other forums. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:35 AM   #25

Funny our first MH an 87 Alegro had a drop down bunk up front.

We also had a 93 Coranado which was an eye catcher back than. With a TBI 454.

Guess I down sized too soon to a class C. Should have waited a little longer for a short fuel efficant class A.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally posted by wazone2:
jdsr--have you ever sat in a new diesel Mercedes auto while the engine is running ? They're very quiet, therefore quiet is possible in a front diesel.
Bagman, your repl to me was "no one her is comparing a mh to a car. I respec disagree. If you read the post above thats what wazone2 said and I was ref to his post. And like I said I sat in a front diesel while it was running and "I" didnt like it.If this is your cup of tea then more power to ya but I just gave my opinion. Btw if I ever see one on a lot I will def look at it. Im not closed minded and who knows it could be the best thing since sliced bread. safe travels
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My most humble apology jdsr, I went back to page one and there it was! I was certain that you mistook the "Sprinter" and got it mixed up with a car. It is a rare event when someone brings in a car when we are posting on a motor home forum. Once again, my mistake and I am sorry! Regards, Bagman57.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
I'm a fulltimer, and "drop down bunks" just wouldn't work for me. Anyway, even at $4 per gallon, no more than most people drive their motorhomes in a year(6000 to 12000 miles), fuel is not that much of an expense, if you figure cost of the unit, depreciation, maintenance, taxes, insurance, etc. GIVE ME ROOM AND COMFORT!

Now, if you could remove depreciation and taxes, then we're talking about a savings!
ricere is offline   Reply With Quote