Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #1

Released December 17, 2004
Nappanee, IN - The National Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA)recently honored Newmar Corporation with a 2004 Quality Circle Award at the 42nd Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY.
The award is presented to the top performers in the association's annual Dealer Satisfaction Index (DSI) survey.

Newmar's performance in the DSI survey puts the company in an elite class of RV manufacturers. Only eight companies earned the award.

For the eleventh year in a row, RV dealers used the DSI survey to evaluate manufacturers' performance in four major categories: Sales Support, Product Competitiveness, Service and Warranty Support, and Management. Manufacturers with DSI ratings of 80 points or higher that receive 15 or more dealer evaluations qualify for the Quality Cirlce Award.

"It is always nice to see our efforts recognized," said Craig Alexander, vice president of sales and marketing at Newmar. "This award is very important to Newmar because it is based on dealer feedback. Receiving this award represents the hard work we put forth twoard dealer satification, customer satisfication, and quality satisfaction."

Newmar also won the Quality Circle Award in 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, and 2003.

Established in 1968, Newmar is an innovator and leader in the RV manufacturing industry and recognized nationally for its excellence in quality. Newmar employs over 1,000 employees and is privately owned. Newmar has a dealer network that spans across the United states and Canada. Newmar is located at 355 N. Delaware Street, Nappanee, Indiana. Newmar Quality: A Way of Life.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #2

Released December 17, 2004
Nappanee, IN - The National Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA)recently honored Newmar Corporation with a 2004 Quality Circle Award at the 42nd Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY.
The award is presented to the top performers in the association's annual Dealer Satisfaction Index (DSI) survey.

Newmar's performance in the DSI survey puts the company in an elite class of RV manufacturers. Only eight companies earned the award.

For the eleventh year in a row, RV dealers used the DSI survey to evaluate manufacturers' performance in four major categories: Sales Support, Product Competitiveness, Service and Warranty Support, and Management. Manufacturers with DSI ratings of 80 points or higher that receive 15 or more dealer evaluations qualify for the Quality Cirlce Award.

"It is always nice to see our efforts recognized," said Craig Alexander, vice president of sales and marketing at Newmar. "This award is very important to Newmar because it is based on dealer feedback. Receiving this award represents the hard work we put forth twoard dealer satification, customer satisfication, and quality satisfaction."

Newmar also won the Quality Circle Award in 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, and 2003.

Established in 1968, Newmar is an innovator and leader in the RV manufacturing industry and recognized nationally for its excellence in quality. Newmar employs over 1,000 employees and is privately owned. Newmar has a dealer network that spans across the United states and Canada. Newmar is located at 355 N. Delaware Street, Nappanee, Indiana. Newmar Quality: A Way of Life.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 AM   #3

I don't want to down play Newmars award, Cruiser has a topic about Winnebago winning this award also. My reply is the same for this topic, although Newmar has greatly improved their position regarding Quality and Customer Satisfaction, which makes it really note worthy to mention. They have a 3 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, that shows they have confidence in their products and they are striving for greater Customer Satisfaction. For that, I'll be more then happy to give them a big "AT-A-BOY".

An "At-A-Boy" can only be given from an end user of an RV product. Manufactures and dealers are exempt from using this jesture.

An "AT-AT-BOY" given from one of us (an end user of an RV) is the highest honor we can offer, as it should come straight from our hearts when a service or product is deserving of it.

Tomcat F15
Old 01-29-2005, 07:22 AM   #4

Newmar as well as the other manufactures who won the award know that to survive in this highly competive RV market, you have to be accountable for good quality, and respond to quality problems as quickly as possible, assuring customer satisfaction, and Newmar has address these issues head on, as a result you can see the fruits of there labor in being a recipent of this coveted award. Ed
Old 01-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #5

Ed,
It's only coveted if your an RVIA Manufacture and you want dealers pounding on your door to buy your products. The RV customer was't asked to cast their vote and we're the ones spending the money.

Tomcat F15
"Credit given when credit is due."
Old 01-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #6

Tomcat F15, Conversely if you are a RVIA Manufacture and you have won this award that is the intent, to have dealers pounding on your doors so they can get your product.
This award tells the dealers that " These " manufactures are stepping up to the plate and are the one's that are going to give you less warranty issues, quality problems after the sale. Ed
Old 01-30-2005, 04:22 AM   #7

Where in the heck did you ever get that notion?
That's so far from reality, I don't know where to start. You could apply those thoughts to the automotive industry, but not to this industry.

Sure the RV Industry has come a long ways, but thats all that can be said...

Tomcat F15
Old 01-31-2005, 05:04 AM   #8

Tomcat F15, Sorry you disagree. Ed
Old 01-31-2005, 05:26 PM   #9

Ed,

I'm not disagreeing, I just stated the facts.

I'd really like to have an Essex, if that says anything. It has nothing to do with any award, it's all about quality,technology, 3yr,50k warranty and customer service, and most importantly, the factory is close to home.

Tomcat F15
"I live 15 miles north of the RV Capitol (Elkhart, IN)and where is my coach made; Forest City,Iowa? How rediculous is that?"
Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 AM   #10

To any and all,

I have been trying to establish quality for my future purchase. There is a lot of junk being passed off to unsuspecting people. I was at an RV show last year. I wore my work clothes so I could slide under the 5th wheels I am interested in. As I said a lot of junk. I have been in the construction industry all my life. I observed much else other than my plumbing and heating throughout my career

begin06
Ralph
Ralph Perrello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ralph Perrello:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ralph, I was just wondering if you had arrived at a conclusion and also wondering if you had recently crawled under any new RVs since last winter.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote