Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Louisville RVIA Trade Show is going to happen on November 28th thru the 30th, 2006. We hope to be able to post a number of ground breaking news relaeses that will make this forum a must read!

Stay tuned for News!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Louisville RVIA Trade Show is going to happen on November 28th thru the 30th, 2006. We hope to be able to post a number of ground breaking news relaeses that will make this forum a must read!

Stay tuned for News!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #3

I've loved hearing about the shows in years past. I may actually get to go this year (got invited today!). Figures it's probably going to be a pretty thin show this year given the state of things (how many Sprinter based C's can you look at?).

Any advanced releases or info on things that will be there? Love to see some coaches on the 22K UFO.

(If it works out that I can go, I'll report here what I can in addition to Mike who I know will be there.)

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Love to see some coaches on the 22K UFO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ME TOO! so please take some pictures and tell us all about them. ED
Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #5

Mike, I know you're a WH man, but if you wouldn't mind, could you slip over to the Ford forum and give us all an update on any changes and/or improvements the 2009 F53 chassis.

We'd sure appreciate it if you could.

Thanks Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
OK guys keep those requests coming in! I got your back!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ground breaking news would be the RV industry is still with us, and has a strong pulse. The interesting news would be more new models aimed at fuel economy.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
MIKE: Per your request, this is a reminder to get pictures and details about the new Tiffin Allegro DP. The model is 36QSA. I would like to know chassis details (GVWR, HP, Tranny, etc) and Sue wants to know if the FP is like the Allegro Bay 37QSB (two toilets). THANKS, ED
Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:
MIKE: Per your request, this is a reminder to get pictures and details about the new Tiffin Allegro DP. The model is 36QSA. I would like to know chassis details (GVWR, HP, Tranny, etc) and Sue wants to know if the FP is like the Allegro Bay 37QSB (two toilets). THANKS, ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a second from me also! If it turns out to be a bath and half floorplan, I think it will be, Tiffin will have no other competition for this floorplan, in this length DP. Also, interested in seeing a few pics. I have a feeling the Allegro DP will use the same front cap as the Allegro gas, with the grill replaced with a front generator access panel.

Also, MONACO has indicated that they will introduce a new economical and fuel-efficient motorhome, the Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite Class A during their product launch on Tuesday, Dec. 2 @2:00PM. I wonder if this is the new Class A that they have been talking about for quite some time, which essentially competes with the Damon Avanti. This new fuel-efficient Class A was targeted for the second quarter of 2009, so I'm not sure if this is indeed the motorhome Monaco has been touting? May be worth a look!

Thanks,
-Bob
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Old 12-01-2008, 04:50 AM   #10

Looking forward to your reports Mike... (especially the sunset stories for the 8.1).

Tom
Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Well .. we're here in beautiful Louisville, KY. It's Showtime! I'm gonna catch a few winks before tomorrow. Check back often and I'll try to post a few things in here that you all have asked about.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 AM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have a full page of stuff to get accomplished today and I always have tomorrow to finish up. We're off ......
Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Louisville RVIA Show today showed some signs of life for the RV Industry and the direction in which the chassis builders and the OEM are making their boxes.

One of the most innovative chassis that I saw today was a diesel electric hybrid called an ecoFRED.

The ecoFRED is powered by a 300HP ISB engine. It is based on an established commercial chassis vehicle which that have had on the road in production. The powertrain has been in use for nearly a decade according to FCCC.

The electric motor is driven by lithium-ion batteries. An automatic intelligent system switch from one or the other to both power systems if required. The batteries are in a state of constant charge by the diesel engine and regenerative braking is obtained not from the brakes but from the driveshaft.

The ISB provides 300HP and 620 lbs/ft of torque. FCCC states that travel is not limited by unique fuel requirements. the ecoFRED features a 6 speed auto/manual Fuller transmission. The transmission is a standard gear type setup but it shift the gears automatically. the ecoFRED has a 27,000 lb GVW and a 37,000 lb GCWR.

According to the OE that is using the ecoFRED it certainly has made important strides in diesel electric drive.

==========================

Winnebago Industries is showing an Adventurer based Hybrid concept vehicle Model 35Z. The 35Z has an auxiliary power generation unit called a APG which provide 5KW of pure 120volt sinewave power to the coach by drawing on the Lithium-Ion batteries. This unit therefore has no stand alone generator. The APG is essentially as WGO describes it is a large inverter that uses the hybrid batteries. The ISB can provides the motive force to recharge the batteries when depleted. The only downside here is that the hybrid batteries at this time can not be recharged when you are plugged into pedestal power in a campground.

Regenerative braking is also used to recharge the LI/ion batteries. Designed to maximize efficiency, this hybrid technology even utilizes regenerative braking to charge the on-board batteries. regenerative braking means that the HEV electric motor uses electricity to create torque, while also being able to reverse the process to use torque to create electricity. By reversing the electric engine to become a generator, electricity is fed back into the battery resulting in energy savings.

============================

The Itasca Sunstar - Front engine diesel is going to be available in summer of 2009 at a dealership near you. the Sunstar 32K features a 20,500 GVW front engine diesel mounted on the new Workhorse W20D. The motive power is obtained from the International Navistar MaxxForce7 diesel engine. The motorhome exhibits excellent fuel economy in a fully featured and fully capable class A motorhome at a terrific price. The coach built on the W20D features a 5,000 tow rating and a GCWR of 26,000 pounds. Exciting about this rig is that it can sleep up to 6 persons comfortably. This vehicle will begin production shortly and will be available by summer of 2009.

=============================

Winnebago Industries announced a new class of vehicle based on the Sprinter chassis in a Class A configuration called a VIA. The VIA is an 11,030 lb GVW chassis called a model 25T. The VIA will have a 4,000 pound tow rating. The VIA features a slideout and has all the amenities that one could possibly want on this type of vehicle. The end game regarding the VIA is small, lightweight, economical, maneuverable and fully featured which can comfortably accommodate up to 4 people.

==============================

New for 2009 is the Winnebago View and Itasca Navion which will now feature a full wall slideout in the 24A floorplan. Based on the sprinter chassis the vehicle is designed to provide excellent fuel economy. The new View and Navion are now bigger than ever inside and if looks are deceiving from inside this rig this is one floor plan that will fool you.

the 2009 Sunova 37L provides what Winnebago calls 3 zone living. The main feature in this floorplan is a totally separate and door closeable living room in the front of the RV. The 37L has a mid-ship galley with either a dinette of free standing tables and chairs. The 37L features a full wall slideout on the curb side of the vehicle and accommodates the dinette and the head of the king size bed, TV and storage closets. The 37L has a dual entry bathroom enclosure on the street side of the rig.

New for Destination in 2009 is the full wall slideout Model 39N. Built on the FCCC XC chassis this floorplan has a 37 inch LCD TV mounted practically in the middle of the coach on the bathroom wall. The 39N has 2 additional LCD TVs with one being in the forward upper cabinets and the other in the bedroom. The 39N is a big favorite with this reporter. Very spacious interior with plenty of storage and available bunk beds. The bunk beds are convertible. When not in use they are folded flat up against the wall and the space can be used as a closet. Both bunk beds feature fold up LCD mini TVs. The 39N can sleep 6 people comfortably.

Winnebago Industries, Mr. Bob Olson and the new Sunstar W20D

I had an opportunity to meet with Mr. Bob Olson the new president for Winnebago Industries and his vision for Winnebago is clear. Winnebago plans on continuing to innovate and develop new products even in the face of the current economic challenges that are being experienced. Mr. Olson said that Winnebago will be poised well to respond with an excellent mix of new products and technologies that are being shown here in Louisville.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #14
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great report Mike. Keep up the good work. I liked your picture too.

Don

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote