Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > RV Industry Press
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Please welcome our new Sponsor, MCD Innovations

March 29, 2012 -- iRV2.com would like welcome one of our newest sponsors to the iRV2.com Community, MCD Innovations from Dallas, TX.

MCD Innovations is installed on the Main Forum Page and we wish them long tenure in our Community and a successful sponsorship.

MCD Innovations is truly a one-of-a-kind, American-owned, family-operated, company. MCD utilizes state-of-the-art, computerized manufacturing equipment to ensure the highest quality and consistency. The MCD facility offers 50 Amp hookups and on-site installation facilities to provide customers with outstanding products and installation. The MCD in-house Research and Innovation Group (R&I) is dedicated to developing and proving groundbreaking product designs and have earned their reputation for being innovators, not imitators.

MCD is headquartered in a beautiful 9.6 acre campus just northeast of Dallas, Texas. Our friendly, Texas ranch house-look building in a countryside setting is a delight to visit. White fencing, manicured lawn, flowering trees, a spring-fed pond with ducks and geese, and a 150-foot long covered front porch welcome you to "sit a spell" in one of our rockers and just relax while our trained technicians take care of retrofitting your RV. Our climate-controlled manufacturing facility houses our R&I Group, installation department, customer support center and sales and marketing offices on a campus with parking for both RVs and cars. Wireless internet is available to both visitors and customers. You are always welcome to stay overnight at no charge on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as space is available.

By appointment, MCD-trained factory technicians can install any MCD product on your RV while you wait. MCD products can usually be installed the same day you arrive when your order and appointment are made at least one week in advance.

American Duo or American Solo Shade System appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Depending upon work load, MCD can schedule your appointment to start any day from Monday through Friday. The stay for a cockpit retrofit will typically be four working days; a whole coach retrofit will typically take five working days. MCD does book up, so please call well in advance of the time you would like to arrive and we will do our best to accommodate you.

On the first day, we measure, quote and work out all of the details, and then your order is scheduled into production. The second day, as your shades are produced, MCD technicians could begin installing your new shades. Because MCD typically installs shades in several coaches during the week, your shades may not be installed until Wednesday or Thursday. You will be able to stay in your coach with 50 Amp power every night. During the day, you are welcome to visit with the MCD Customer Service Staff with your people-friendly pets, or check out the many shops, restaurants, and attractions nearby. The friendly MCD front desk personnel can provide you with all the area information.

MCD looks forward to hearing from you and to providing the best in aftermarket products for your RV. Thank you!

MCD Innovations
3303 North MCDonald Street
McKinney, TX 75071

Phone: 972.548.1850
Fax: 972.542.4881

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Pond Piggies Club
Freightliner Owners Club

1996 HR Endeavor LE, 5.9 Cummins 230hp
Hartford, WI
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2.com & thank you for your Sponsorship! Great product. We're replacing all our pleated shades with MCD duo's. Started with the cockpit & a motorized windshield set & will continue with manuals for the rest. We've very happy with them.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
To echo Lori and Dave, welcome to irv2, and thanks for your sponsorship. As many of your prior customer comments said, I am also not exactly in love with the pleated shades in my 5th wheel, so I expect I will be coming to visit as soon as I get out to Texas.
'12 F-450 Lariat
05 KZ 45' Escalade Toy Hauler
00 Harley Road King, 94 Dyna Wide Glide, 83 FXR
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome, I'll try to call further ahead next time I'm going to be in the area. Booked up and couldn't get to me on the short time frame I had last time.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MCD Innovations;

Welcome. We purchased our first MCD shade last fall to replace our bedroom shade which the strings had broken on. We really like it. We plan on replacing more as we can.
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MCD took care of an issue with my electric shade when the dealer could not figure it out. Great Company!
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome and I can't say what a great experience Cheryl and I (and Blossom) had at the M.C.D. factory!
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome MCD Innovations. I have replaced the drivers and passengers side as well as over couch shades with Duo shades to date. They are effective in keeping the sun out and the mechanisms work very well. I will be replacing more shades as the strings brake. You have an excellent quality product.
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions, or I can be of assistance to you.
Peggy Grich
American RVer
PegGrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
Originally Posted by PegGrich View Post
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions, or I can be of assistance to you.
Hey Peggy! Our MCD shade are working great except one problem! Compared to the string shades the MCD shades in the bedroom are sooo much darker, we tend to oversleep because the sun is BLOCKED! What a problem to have while camping! LOL Hope to see you in Goshen at the FMA in June. Muffin
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Welcome to IRV2 MCD...
Thomas & Betty w/Bailey & Gypsy (our fur-bearing masters)
07 Bounder 35e (F53)
07 Nissan Frontier or 2010 FLSTC toad
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
MCD SwayShade™ Introduced to the RV Aftermarket

McKinney, TX – MCD Innovations has once again proven its leadership position in the RV roller shade market with the introduction of the MCD SwayShade™ for aftermarket installations. This innovative patent-pending design provides complete coverage of cockpit windows that are considerably wider at the bottom than at the top due to the more aerodynamic shape many coach manufacturers are producing.

A conventional shade, moving straight down, will not cover the front lower corner of these new, more angled windows. As if by magic, the new MCD SwayShade™ is actually able to not only travel down, but also sideways at the same time providing coverage needed for the lower forward corner of the window on these sleek designed motorhomes! This new shade design is produced in multiple configurations and sizes to provide the exact amount of “forward movement” needed for a particular coach model so as to completely cover the window providing full privacy and sun protection. The "forward movement” can be as little as 1" to as much as 9" depending upon the particular configuration.

MCD began offering the SwayShade™ as Original Equipment to several OEM manufacturers including Winnebago, Newmar, and Monaco for certain 2011 models. Since then, more and more OEMs have begun spec’ing the MCD SwayShade for an increasing number of models.

Resounding accolades from OEMs, coupled with an ever growing number of requests by consumers and dealers for SwayShades to fit previously built coaches, has brought about the decision to make the unique shades available to the aftermarket. The SwayShade will be available in a number of standardized sizes to fit most applications in both manually-operated and powered day/night shade versions as of May 1st 2012.

Dealers, OEMs and Retail Customers are invited to contact MCD for more details and specifications. To view the SwayShade in operation, visit the MCD website and click on SwayShade under MCD product videos on the left side of the home page.
Peggy Grich
American RVer
Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Hey Peggy! Our MCD shade are working great except one problem! Compared to the string shades the MCD shades in the bedroom are sooo much darker, we tend to oversleep because the sun is BLOCKED! What a problem to have while camping! LOL Hope to see you in Goshen at the FMA in June. Muffin
Good to hear of your "minor" problem. Probably won't see you until FMCA in August.

Peggy Grich
American RVer